Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-05-03T19:05:12Z by DanaDuffield
Dogbert64
Dogbert64
1 Post

Pinned topic How do I get VCE if I already installed IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1

‏2010-10-13T18:08:45Z |
The title says it all. I have installed IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1, but when I use the below instructions, I don't see the Visual Configuration Explorer Topology Collector. What do I need to do to run VCE?

Collecting and Loading Configurations

1. If ISA is not running, start it via the Windows Start menu.

2. After the ISA Welcome page appears, click Analyze Problem.

3. On the Select Collectors page, first select Visual Configuration Explorer Topology Collector > Collect Topology. Next, click Add. After the Collect Topology task is added to the Collector Queue table, click Collect All.
Updated on 2011-05-03T19:05:12Z at 2011-05-03T19:05:12Z by DanaDuffield
  • sal.baytalskiy@aig.com
    4 Posts

Re: How do I get VCE if I already installed IBM Support Assistant Workbench 4.1

‏2010-10-18T20:53:42Z  
    Same here!
    Cannot find this Visual Configuration Explorer Topology Collector anywhere in the ISA Workbench 4.1
    Had installed the VCE Tech Preview itself but unable to find the Topology Collector...
    Please advise!
  • sal.baytalskiy@aig.com
    4 Posts

‏2010-10-18T21:27:00Z  
    After reading some more posts I decided to try this Headless Runtime option.
    Deployed it from ISA Workbench (File > Preferences > VCE > Utilities)
    Then uploaded the ZIP file to my target WAS server, unZIPped and ran the command for wasexporter (check out help.html) providing the WAS_HOME of my WAS install.
    Downloaded the resulting configuration file to my desktop and fed it to the VCE plugin in ISA!
    That's it!
    Hope this helps someone...
  • mulder
    mulder
    1 Post

‏2010-10-25T14:12:57Z  
    After reading some more posts I decided to try this Headless Runtime option.
    Deployed it from ISA Workbench (File > Preferences > VCE > Utilities)
    Then uploaded the ZIP file to my target WAS server, unZIPped and ran the command for wasexporter (check out help.html) providing the WAS_HOME of my WAS install.
    Downloaded the resulting configuration file to my desktop and fed it to the VCE plugin in ISA!
    That's it!
    Hope this helps someone...
    hi

i have the same problem with a offline system.
    i have installed ISAv41 and downloaded (wegt -r) http://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/isa/isa410/production/. then i copied the directory to the offline system and set the update path to the directory.

now i can install some plugins (e.g. mem analyzer) but no vce!

????
  • bbonhard
    bbonhard
    1 Post

‏2011-04-19T15:55:57Z  
    Did any one ever get a clear response on how to get the IBM VCE into ISA 4.1? I would really like to use VCE for WAS configuration management, but of course need it installed first. Thanks! ~ßß
  • DanaDuffield
    DanaDuffield
    1 Post

‏2011-05-03T19:05:12Z  
    It appears the support for this has changed but the documentation has not been updated for VCE. Visual Configuration Explorer Topology Collector appears to be part of the overall bundle and as described above one of the workarounds for this is to export via the Utility