Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-27T03:01:24Z by arronlee
alexandre.barbosa
alexandre.barbosa
2 Posts

Pinned topic Filenet Capture Professional: TIFF file size very large. How reduce?

‏2010-10-08T15:48:33Z |
Hi.

I'm defined two Capture Path to put a scanned document on Filenet.

In the first Capture Path, I'm using "Full Text OCR" to generate a PDF file. In the second don't. The problem, in this second approach, is the file size created.

Using "Full Text OCR" I have a PDF file with some KB, but if don't use the Full Text OCR, I obtain a TIFF file with approximately 16MB! (Sometimes, the users don't need recognized characters, e.g. a document only with images)

Anyone knows how can I reduce the TIFF file size? The scan settings of the file format are defined such as "TIFF group 4 or colors".

The version of Capture Professional is 5.1

Thanks for any help.
  • arronlee
    arronlee
    1 Post

Re: Filenet Capture Professional: TIFF file size very large. How reduce?

‏2013-12-27T03:01:24Z  

Hi,

You said that the tiff file size  is too large? I wonder you want to compress the Tiff files or resize Tiff images? You can google it and select some professional tookits whose way of processing is simple and fast to help you with the related work. Remember to check its free trial package first if possible. Btw, which kind of OCR were you using? I am testing about the related OCR SDKs these days. Do you have any ideas about it? Or any good suggestion? Thanks in advance. And I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,
    Arron