Topic
  • 9 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-05-02T20:35:18Z by ByGeorge
ByGeorge
ByGeorge
18 Posts

Pinned topic Trouble with Tables

‏2010-09-27T17:35:45Z |
I have tables in DOORS. Attached is my RPE template. When my table goes into Word, it puts blank rows in the table. There is one row for each row that should be there. How do I get rid of the rows that shouldn't be there?
Updated on 2012-05-02T20:35:18Z at 2012-05-02T20:35:18Z by ByGeorge
  • ByGeorge
    ByGeorge
    18 Posts

Re: Trouble with Tables

‏2010-09-27T17:37:20Z  
    Here is what my table looks like in Word.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2010-09-28T07:22:29Z  
    • ByGeorge
    • ‏2010-09-27T17:37:20Z
    Here is what my table looks like in Word.
    Hi George,

You can use containers to iterate rows, in the same manner that you used containers to iterate tables.
    More, for the text in the cell, you've set the condition Object_Text != "", and maybe you have cells with Object Headings only, and those cells/rows will appear empty.

Milan
  • ByGeorge
    ByGeorge
    18 Posts

‏2010-10-01T19:49:00Z  
    Hi George,

You can use containers to iterate rows, in the same manner that you used containers to iterate tables.
    More, for the text in the cell, you've set the condition Object_Text != "", and maybe you have cells with Object Headings only, and those cells/rows will appear empty.

Milan
    Hi Milan,

OK, I took out the heading and made it all text, but now I am getting a paragraph return after the header cell. I would like the first row to be one cell, with centered text, and a gray background. I would like the remaining cells to span the page, but there isn't a set number of columns for each table. (Ex. anywhere between 1 column to 5 column.) I believe that I need to use java script to make this happen, but I am not sure how to do this.

Thank you,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2010-10-11T07:45:15Z  
    • ByGeorge
    • ‏2010-10-01T19:49:00Z
    Hi Milan,

OK, I took out the heading and made it all text, but now I am getting a paragraph return after the header cell. I would like the first row to be one cell, with centered text, and a gray background. I would like the remaining cells to span the page, but there isn't a set number of columns for each table. (Ex. anywhere between 1 column to 5 column.) I believe that I need to use java script to make this happen, but I am not sure how to do this.

Thank you,
    Hi George,

There is the "col span" property to unify a cell with its following cells within same row. For centering text, there is the "cell alignment" property. Also check the "cell background color" property. For having a table on the entire page surface, there is the "table auto fit" option.
    For extra carriage returns, please send your modified template, and a sample of your data source, to check it out.

Regards,
    Milan
  • ByGeorge
    ByGeorge
    18 Posts

‏2010-10-13T20:21:58Z  
    Hi George,

There is the "col span" property to unify a cell with its following cells within same row. For centering text, there is the "cell alignment" property. Also check the "cell background color" property. For having a table on the entire page surface, there is the "table auto fit" option.
    For extra carriage returns, please send your modified template, and a sample of your data source, to check it out.

Regards,
    Milan
    Thank you for your help. I have found all of those properties, but I do I set them when I don't know how many columns the table will have? The tables are in DOORS. One requirement will have a one column table, the next may be a four column table, etc. The col. span for example want's a number value, but I don't know what the number will be for each table.

I have attached my template. It contains my table query. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I really have no idea what I am doing and can't find a decent user manual.

Thank you
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2010-10-14T08:23:44Z  
    • ByGeorge
    • ‏2010-10-13T20:21:58Z
    Thank you for your help. I have found all of those properties, but I do I set them when I don't know how many columns the table will have? The tables are in DOORS. One requirement will have a one column table, the next may be a four column table, etc. The col. span for example want's a number value, but I don't know what the number will be for each table.

I have attached my template. It contains my table query. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I really have no idea what I am doing and can't find a decent user manual.

Thank you
    Hi George,

The trick for what you want is to parse the table before displaying it, by using containers. Increment a variable at "cell" level ("cell" is represented by a container with specific query), and when you get out of that iteration, you'll have the number of the cells within a row.
    In your table, insert a new row, iterate the cells within a row, because you still need them to be drawn automatically, but at template cell level, set the "col span" property* with the value of the variable.

*use a script for this, because you have to set the property only for the 1st cell within row

Milan
  • ByGeorge
    ByGeorge
    18 Posts

‏2010-11-02T19:54:29Z  
    Hi George,

The trick for what you want is to parse the table before displaying it, by using containers. Increment a variable at "cell" level ("cell" is represented by a container with specific query), and when you get out of that iteration, you'll have the number of the cells within a row.
    In your table, insert a new row, iterate the cells within a row, because you still need them to be drawn automatically, but at template cell level, set the "col span" property* with the value of the variable.

*use a script for this, because you have to set the property only for the 1st cell within row

Milan
    Hi Milan,

Thank you for all of your help, but I am still having troubles. I have attached my lastest template. Could you please tell me where I went wrong?

Thank you so much,

George
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    1299 Posts

‏2010-11-04T08:30:27Z  
    • ByGeorge
    • ‏2010-11-02T19:54:29Z
    Hi Milan,

Thank you for all of your help, but I am still having troubles. I have attached my lastest template. Could you please tell me where I went wrong?

Thank you so much,

George
    Hi,

Take a look over the attached template. It is a simplified version of one of yours, and it does what you need.

/Milan
  • ByGeorge
    ByGeorge
    18 Posts

‏2012-05-02T20:35:18Z  
    Hi,

Take a look over the attached template. It is a simplified version of one of yours, and it does what you need.

/Milan
    I know it has been a while, but I am having trouble with this template. I was trying to update it and now I cannot get it to work. Again I am having trouble with the tables. This time, I have the heading row printing twice. I am not using a macro, so I know that is not the problem.

I have attached my template and a Word file showing: my DOORS table, Word output, and what I wish my table would look like.

Thank you,

Julie