3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-13T08:47:28Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
101 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DSORG and Block Size

‏2010-09-27T14:33:38Z |
Greetings.

Not quite sure if this the correct Forum, but here it goes. If I submit the following job:

//DLET EXEC PGM=IEFBR14
//DS DD DSN=Z537815.TESTDS,UNIT=SYSDA,
// SPACE=(CYL,(5,2),RLSE),LRECL=340,RECFM=FB,
// DISP=(,CATLG)

I get NO Dsorg and a block size of 0 on some systems, but the correct ones (from the JCL) on other systems. I must be overlooking something, but what? All systems are running z/OS 1.10 and are on the same maintenance.

Willem Vermeer
ING Bank
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Updated on 2010-10-13T08:47:28Z at 2010-10-13T08:47:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • ClenioOliveira
    ClenioOliveira
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DSORG and Block Size

‏2010-09-29T23:34:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    SMS managed? Data class?
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      101 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-13T07:56:13Z  in response to ClenioOliveira
      It's SMS-managed data. I'll check the DC. Must admit I'm not quite sure about it, but I don't think it's in the DC. At our sites we don't usually take such characteristics from the DC, but still let the user specify it all.
      Willem Vermeer.
      ING
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      101 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-13T08:47:28Z  in response to ClenioOliveira
      Ha! I got it! I think. It's got to do with the DC, but not the way I thought. On the system that gives me a blocksize (SDB), although I didn't ask for one, and a DSORG, the data set gets a DC. The other system however, the one where I don't get a blocksize or DSORG, the data set doesn't get a DC.

If, on the 2nd system, I do specify a DC in the JCL, I do get a blocksize (SDB) and a DSORG. Both DCs don't specify anything else but volumecount, space constraint relief and SDB=NO. So, the very presence of a DC, irrespective of its attributes, seems to be enough. That's normal?

Willem Vermeer
      ING