• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-20T15:22:11Z by graham40
graham40
graham40
53 Posts

Pinned topic idebug, but cicsas.exe is missing

‏2010-09-23T02:59:19Z |
Hello,

Am Windows XP, no mainframe connection, with RDz 7.1.1.4 and TXSeries 6.2.0.1. I have 'lost' cicsas.exe.

I asked about idebug last year ago and finished up with very good instructions but haven't used it since - today was relearning. I got it set up and into stepping thru the pgm until I messed up something and decided to ...

restart RDz
clicked run
clicked debug...
right clicked on Attach to running process
clicked New
didn't enter a project name
put the cursor in the Process ID box
clicked on Browse
cicsas.exe is not there at all???
Refresh changed nothing.

How do I get cicsas.exe back (indeed I remember in the past there used to be more than one occurrence in the Process list). What might I have done?

Please, thanks,
Graham Hobbs
Updated on 2010-10-20T15:22:11Z at 2010-10-20T15:22:11Z by graham40
  • graham40
    graham40
    53 Posts

Re: idebug, but cicsas.exe is missing

‏2010-09-29T22:17:40Z  
    Answering myself is last gasp ..

Nobody has any idea how to get my idebug working again?
  • rbrunkh
    rbrunkh
    10 Posts

‏2010-10-18T21:48:27Z  
    • graham40
    • ‏2010-09-29T22:17:40Z
    Answering myself is last gasp ..

Nobody has any idea how to get my idebug working again?
    Hi graham40,

The cicsas.exe is a process that is started when one of the CICS regions in TXSeries started. Please go into the TXSeries administration console and see if the CICS region you are trying to use is up and running. If it is up and running can you bring up the Windows task manager and see if the cicsas.exe process is running?

If the region is up and the cicsas.exe process is running and RD/z is still not showing the cicsas.exe process as an available process, can you try manually entering the process id into the RD/z debugger?

Thanks,
    Richard
  • graham40
    graham40
    53 Posts

‏2010-10-20T15:22:11Z  
    • rbrunkh
    • ‏2010-10-18T21:48:27Z
    Hi graham40,

The cicsas.exe is a process that is started when one of the CICS regions in TXSeries started. Please go into the TXSeries administration console and see if the CICS region you are trying to use is up and running. If it is up and running can you bring up the Windows task manager and see if the cicsas.exe process is running?

If the region is up and the cicsas.exe process is running and RD/z is still not showing the cicsas.exe process as an available process, can you try manually entering the process id into the RD/z debugger?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Richard,
    I do enjoy an aged level of stupidity sometimes - the region wasn't up - that simple.
    You did trigger the answer:-).
    Cheers and thanks,
    Graham