7 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-18T19:12:18Z by bosox
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Java.lang.SecurityException - method not publicly accessible error

‏2010-09-17T06:21:52Z |
Hello,
I'm using WPF 7.0 Designer on RH Linux configured with WebSphere Portal Server 7.0. When trying to connect to a datasource (DB2 V9.7 - defined in WAS) from the SQL DataSource builder the exception is produced:

Java.lang.SecurityException: The action SqlMetaDataUtil.verifyDataSource in model factory/core/db_utils is not publicly accessible.

Can't get around this issue. Any advice what may be wrong?

Thanks,
Jan
Updated on 2010-10-18T19:12:18Z at 2010-10-18T19:12:18Z by bosox
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Java.lang.SecurityException - method not publicly accessible error

‏2010-09-17T16:34:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I don't have your exact environment, but I do have WPF 7.0 and I cannot reproduce the error. The environment I'm using should hit the error if there was a bug in the way SQL Datasource builder or db_utils.model was implemented.

Are you seeing this in Designer or when running a model? Is there a stack trace that goes along with the error message? Did you modify db_utils.model in any way?

If the Verify Connectivity input is checked in SQL Datasource, then uncheck the input. That should make the error go away.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      532 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T19:21:55Z  in response to DGawron
      Thanks David,
      The WPF project I am dealing with has been exported (as project archive) from WPF 6.1. I imported it to WPF 7.0, but surprisingly the option to "Upgrade Project Version" is grayed out (disabled). I tried it both on Win and Linux client with the same effect.
      Now, when I exported just the models and imported to WPF 7.0, the SQL builders work correctly. Any comments regarding the upgrade?

Thanks,
      Jan
      • kevintap
        kevintap
        41 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T20:07:04Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        I assume that your project archive is a complete version of the project from WPF 6.1, containing all files/folders from the 6.1 project. If so, importing that project archive into WPF 7.0 should cause it to flag the project as needing to be upgraded (and enable the Upgrade Project Version action).

Can you post the contents of the .bowstreet file from the root of your project? I'd like to see what's in this file in your project to understand why the Upgrade Project Version action has not been enabled.

You can force the Upgrade Project Version action to be enabled for a project by editing the .bowstreet file in your project and modifying the bowstreet.webapp.version property. (Just add some additional characters to the end of the string.) This should cause the Upgrade Project Version action to be enabled, which you can then run to get your project properly updated to the 7.0 runtime.
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          532 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T23:16:47Z  in response to kevintap
          Iwill try your suggestion. Thanks!
          Here is the .bowstreet file for the project:

#Designer project properties for LabProject
          #Fri Sep 17 01:42:07 EDT 2010
          bowstreet.designer.project.outputLocation=/opt/IBM/WebSphere/wp_profile/installedApps/portal/LabProject.ear/LabProject.war
          bowstreet.designer.project.targetfolder=WebContent
          build.deployment.war.builddir=/root/workspace/test
          bowstreet.designer.serverPort=10039
          defaultNonServableContentFolder_THEMES=WEB-INF/themes
          bowstreet.designer.serverAppContext=LabProject
          wpf.servertype=IBM WebSphere Application Server and Portal Server 7.x
          defaultServableContentFolder_IMAGES=images
          defaultServableContentFolder_PAGES=pages
          standAlone.config=IBM_WebSphere_Application_Server_and_Portal_Server_7.x
          link.factory.mode=direct
          defaultNonServableContentFolder_SPREADSHEET=WEB-INF/spreadsheet
          webcontent.location=/root/workspace/test/LabProject/WebContent
          project.location=/root/workspace/test/LabProject
          bowstreet.designer.serverInstance=WebSphere_Portal
          project.name=LabProject
          defaultNonServableContentFolder_RICH_DATA_DEFINITION=WEB-INF/rich_data_definition
          defaultNonServableContentFolder_SCHEMAS=WEB-INF/schemas
          bowstreet.rootDirectory=${bowstreet.designer.project.root}/WebContent/WEB-INF
          bowstreet.webapp.version=7.0.0 Release WPF7.0_20100806.0904
          defaultServableContentFolder_STYLE_SHEETS=style_sheets
          defaultServableContentFolder_CLIENT_JAVASCRIPT=client_javascript
          bowstreet.designer.serverHostName=localhost
          state.area=/root/workspace/test/.metadata/.plugins/com.bowstreet.designer.webapp
          tools.location=/root/IBM/Designer/FeatureSets/Web-App_7.0.0/Deployment/antscripts
          link.factory=true
          deployment.version=2
          defaultNonServableContentFolder_LOOKUP_DEFINITIONS=WEB-INF/lookup_definitions
          bowstreet.designer.projectDomain=com.bowstreet.feature.webapp
          defaultServableContentFolder_HTML_TEMPLATES=html_templates
          • kevintap
            kevintap
            41 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-18T13:58:12Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            The bowstreet.webapp.version property in your .bowstreet file is set to "7.0.0 Release WPF7.0_20100806.0904", which indicates that this project was created by the WPF 7.0 designer (or successfully upgraded by the WPF 7.0 designer). I'd like to understand the steps that you went through to create this project. Did you start the WPF 7.0 designer, create a new project, then import your project archive into this project? If so (and your project archive either didn't contain the .bowstreet file or you elected not to overwrite the .bowstreet file when importing the project archive), then you could end up in this situation where you have a down level project that the designer thinks doesn't need to be upgraded.

Also, how was your project archive produced? Is it a full archive of the entire project, or does it only contain some of the files from the project?
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              532 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-19T02:55:56Z  in response to kevintap
              Kevin,
              I think you nailed it. The project I imported was a complete project but I might have chosen not to overwrite this particular file (.bowstreet). I'm pretty sure this must have happened. Another words a user error!
              It would be nice however if the implications of overwriting versus not overwriting of certain files during the project import process were explained somewhere in the documentation. There are always a couple of project files which the import process prompts about and there is no explanation what these files role is.

Thanks for your help,
              Jan
              • bosox
                bosox
                64 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-18T19:12:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                A good rule of thumb is to only add files that you create to an archive. This ensures that you don't overwrite any files that Portlet Factory laid down when you first created the project. If you pull in project files from another project that was developed on another machine, picking up some of these project files can cause issues for you.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21329466

Note that if someone does send you an archive that is a full project export, you can uncheck those directories and files that you know are standard parts of a WPF project. Just import those files that are specific to the application and were added after the project was created.