1 reply Latest Post - ‏2010-09-21T18:18:11Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
805 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Add users to adaptor notification list

‏2010-09-16T18:45:39Z |
Hi,

Has anyone been able to add additional users to an adaptor's notification list? According to the documentation, to accomplish this all one has to do is duplicate the <adduser group /> tag:

In the adaptor template, duplicate the <adduser> element to add users to the adaptor notification group.

I tried this by adding one entry like so:

... <adduser group=
"MyChangers" user=
"$4"/> <adduser group=
"MyChangers" user=
"someone@somewhere.com"/> ...

However, when I do this, no emails are sent out at all anymore! It effectively breaks the notification feature. Anyone know the trick to get this to work??

Thanks,

Jozef
Updated on 2010-09-21T18:18:11Z at 2010-09-21T18:18:11Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    805 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Add users to adaptor notification list

‏2010-09-21T18:18:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    I actually made an error in my post. The example should have looked like this:

... <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "$4"/> <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "userid"/> ...

But as I said, this breaks the notification feature. What does work is listing all userids individually:

... <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "johndoe"/> <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "janedoe"/> <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "joesmoe"/> ...

But that's too much of a hassle to maintain. Plus, those users who did not make any changes also get emails this way.

Nobody ever got the combination of the variable and a hardcoded userid to work??

Jozef
    > Jozef wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has anyone been able to add additional users to an adaptor's notification list? According to the documentation, to accomplish this all one has to do is duplicate the <adduser group /> tag:
    >
    > In the adaptor template, duplicate the <adduser> element to add users to the adaptor notification group.
    >
    > I tried this by adding one entry like so:
    >
    >

> ... > <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "$4"/> > <adduser group=
    "MyChangers" user=
    "someone@somewhere.com"/> > ... >

>
    > However, when I do this, no emails are sent out at all anymore! It effectively breaks the notification feature. Anyone know the trick to get this to work??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jozef