Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-20T10:22:51Z by JonathanPLawrence
hgn
hgn
4 Posts

Pinned topic CA1S v1.1 HelloCICS.php receives HTTP 404 The Webpage cannot be found.

‏2010-09-14T13:16:47Z |
Hello, I am installing the CA1S supportPac and cannot get the supplied example
HelloCICS.php to return a result. What library does the CA1SHNDL program run from?

The /ca1s/config/pipelines/phppipe_CICS.xml has the following IBM url
coded(http://www.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/pipeline) and it doesn't appear to be availiable. How is this IBM url involved in getting the HelloCICS.php to run?

BROWSE phppipe_CICS.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="EBCDIC-CP-US"?>
<provider_pipeline
xmlns="http://www.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/pipeline">
<service>
<terminal_handler>
<handler>
<program>CA1SHNDL</program>
Updated on 2010-09-20T10:22:51Z at 2010-09-20T10:22:51Z by JonathanPLawrence
  • JonathanPLawrence
    JonathanPLawrence
    30 Posts

Re: CA1S v1.1 HelloCICS.php receives HTTP 404 The Webpage cannot be found.

‏2010-09-14T17:08:05Z  
    Hello,

The CA1SHNDL program is a CICS Java program, so it does not run from a conventional library.

The first thing to do when installing CA1S is to ensure that your CICS region is correctly configured to run CICS Java programs. This can be done by running the HelloWorld or HelloCICS example Java applications supplied with CICS TS. Instructions for running these samples are in the CICS InfoCenter (Java Applications in CICS). Once these samples are able to be run correctly you can be confident that your Java environment is correctly configured.

The URL http://www.ibm.com/software/htp/cics/pipeline referenced in the pipeline definition is an XML namespace identifier for the pipeline XML document. It does not represent an actual internet URL and there is no need for it to be resolvable in order to use the pipeline.

The most likely cause(s) of a problem running CA1S will be the Java environment not being correctly configured, or one of the installation steps for CA1S not correctly completed. You might find some of the other threads in this forum useful in this respect.

If you are still having difficulty with CA1S, please post another question with more details of your configuration and the symptoms you are seeing.

Jonathan Lawrence
    CICS Dynamic Scripting Development
    IBM Hursley
  • hgn
    hgn
    4 Posts

‏2010-09-14T19:18:29Z  
    Hello, I have run the JHE2 and received the jhe2Hello from a Java CICS application. When I enter the supplied example http://sysd:9401/ca1s/cics/HelloCICS.php I get "This error (HTTP 404 Not Found) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but the page you wanted was not found. It's possible that the webpage is temporarily unavailable. Alternatively, the website might have changed or removed the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help."

I have reviewed the install steps and can't find where the error is so how can this be stepped through to get some information in an error log that would point to the problem/typo causing the failure. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • hgn
    hgn
    4 Posts

‏2010-09-14T19:49:50Z  
    attached here are my guess as to the relevant definitions in trying to execute the supplied example.
  • JonathanPLawrence
    JonathanPLawrence
    30 Posts

‏2010-09-15T17:05:54Z  
    • hgn
    • ‏2010-09-14T19:49:50Z
    attached here are my guess as to the relevant definitions in trying to execute the supplied example.
    I can't see anything obviously wrong with this configuration.
    It could be a zFS permissions issue. In order to load a PHP script, the CICS region userid must have read access to the script, and the required permission to the containing directory structure.
    There could be more information passed back from CA1S with the HTTP 404 response, however IE is not showing this. If you are able to use an alternative browser e.g. Firefox, more information may be obtainable.

If the above suggestion does not lead to a resolution of the problem, the next step would be to enable P8 (the CA1S PHP runtime) tracing. To do this, create a file called p8logging.properties in your ca1s/work/classes directory (assuming this is in the classpath specified in your JVM profile), containing the following two lines:

traceLevel = DEBUG
    traceToFile = true

Phase out your CICS JVMs and retry the HTTP request. You should find that a binary p8trace file is written in your ca1s/work directory. Please attach this as a binary file to the forum or send in an email to jlawrence at.no.spam uk dot ibm dot com.

Jonathan Lawrence
    CICS Dynamic Scripting development
  • JonathanPLawrence
    JonathanPLawrence
    30 Posts

‏2010-09-15T17:07:13Z  
    • hgn
    • ‏2010-09-14T19:49:50Z
    I can't see anything obviously wrong with this configuration.
    It could be a zFS permissions issue. In order to load a PHP script, the CICS region userid must have read access to the script, and the required permission to the containing directory structure.
    There could be more information passed back from CA1S with the HTTP 404 response, however IE is not showing this. If you are able to use an alternative browser e.g. Firefox, more information may be obtainable.

If the above suggestion does not lead to a resolution of the problem, the next step would be to enable P8 (the CA1S PHP runtime) tracing. To do this, create a file called p8logging.properties in your ca1s/work/classes directory (assuming this is in the classpath specified in your JVM profile), containing the following two lines:

traceLevel = DEBUG
    traceToFile = true

Phase out your CICS JVMs and retry the HTTP request. You should find that a binary p8trace file is written in your ca1s/work directory. Please attach this as a binary file to the forum or send in an email to jlawrence at.no.spam uk dot ibm dot com.

Jonathan Lawrence
    CICS Dynamic Scripting development
  • hgn
    hgn
    4 Posts

‏2010-09-15T18:33:02Z  
    I tried to execute the trace with no luck. Attached is my attempt.
  • JonathanPLawrence
    JonathanPLawrence
    30 Posts

‏2010-09-16T15:18:31Z  
    • hgn
    • ‏2010-09-15T18:33:02Z
    I tried to execute the trace with no luck. Attached is my attempt.
    I omitted to mention that the content of p8logging.properties needs to be ASCII encoded - apologies.
    Additionally, the CICS region userid will require write permission to the ca1s/work directory in order to open the trace file.
    Existing CICS JVMs will need to be phased out before retrying the request, to pick up the changes to p8logging.properties and to open the trace file.
  • JonathanPLawrence
    JonathanPLawrence
    30 Posts

‏2010-09-20T10:22:51Z  
    I omitted to mention that the content of p8logging.properties needs to be ASCII encoded - apologies.
    Additionally, the CICS region userid will require write permission to the ca1s/work directory in order to open the trace file.
    Existing CICS JVMs will need to be phased out before retrying the request, to pick up the changes to p8logging.properties and to open the trace file.
    The cause of this problem turned out to be that the alias transaction defined in the URIMAP definition (transaction CPIH) was not installed in CICS. This transaction definition is in group DFHPIPE and the group was not installed. This caused abend AWB2 in program DFHWBXN, accompanied by messages DFHAC2236 and DFHWB0727; CICS Web Support returns an HTTP 404 not found response to the end user in this case.

A final correction to my previous append is required, the p8logging.properties file may be encoded in ASCII or EBCDIC, either are accepted and will produce a p8trace file if the p8logging.properties file is found on the JVM classpath and its contents are correct.