Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-19T00:03:13Z by GowthamSen
ArifJubaer
ArifJubaer
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic What is the default username and password for IBM Information Server v8?

‏2010-09-10T01:30:20Z |
Hi There

I installed IBM Information Server V8 and I installed Information analyzer, datastage and everything. Now I am trying to login from IBM Information Server console. But I don't know any username and password as it did not ask me anything about username and password during installation.

What is the default username and password for IBM Information Server V8 and I am trying to use Information analyzer. I provided "localhost:8080" as server. I installed it in the local machine. While I was trying with

username=system
password=manager

it was giving an error saying invalid username and password. Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers
Updated on 2010-10-19T00:03:13Z at 2010-10-19T00:03:13Z by GowthamSen
  • ArifJubaer
    ArifJubaer
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: What is the default username and password for IBM Information Server v8?

‏2010-09-10T03:37:05Z  in response to ArifJubaer
    This linkhttp://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.productization.iisinfsv.install.doc/topics/wsisinst_pln_user_reg.html

suggests I should be able to login from IBM Infomation Server Manager with user name wasadmin/isadmin and with a null password. But when I am trying to do Add Domain it asks me for Domain, Username and Password and my input is as follows:

Domain=localhost:8080
    username=wasadmin or isadmin
    password=

I can't proceed to login as it asks me to provide a password. What could be wrong, provided it didn't ask me for any userid and password during installation.

Cheers
    • smithha
      smithha
      162 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-10T13:22:48Z  in response to ArifJubaer
      During the installation process, an Information Server administration id and password would have been requested -- the defaults would likely be either 'admin' or 'isadmin' for the userid, but the password would have been required for entry.

This administrative id controls creation of other userids and their privileges. In the Information Center you can review the topic on creating userids.
      http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.found.admin.nav.doc/containers/cont_iisinfsrv_security.html

To create the userids, the Info Server administrator must log on to the Info Server web console and add users. If you are planning to use Information Analyzer, the user created must have at least the IA User role. To add metadata for data analysis, you will need a user with the IA Data Administrator role. To create IA projects and add data sources to those projects, you will need a user with the IA Project Administrator role.

For more on Information Analyzer roles and security see:
      http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r1/topic/com.ibm.swg.im.iis.ia.administer.doc/topics/c_ia_setup_security.html

Once you have the user created via the web console and have IA related privileges assigned, you will be able to log in to the Information Server console.

Harald
      • ArifJubaer
        ArifJubaer
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-12T08:28:15Z  in response to smithha
        Hi Harald

Thank you for the reply.

I should have mentioned that while I am trying to install the Information Server it was not asking me for any username or password. I found the version that I have is for windows 2003 server but I was trying to install it in my Windows 7 professional 64 bit machine. Do you think that could be a problem?

Is there any version of Information Server to install in Windows 7? I havent seen one from IBM web site.

By the way two of your links are not working for me.

Thanks and looking forward to hear from you all.
        Arif.
        • smithha
          smithha
          162 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-13T12:55:54Z  in response to ArifJubaer
          Hi Arif,

The current 8.1 version of Information Server, as well as associated product versions such as Information Analyzer 8.1.2, are only supported on Windows 2003 Server, so, yes, trying to install on Windows 7 may be an issue. System requirements are available at: Link: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=14&uid=swg21315971#dqx1dt2mg5

If the links for the documentation were not working, try: Link: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iisinfsv/v8r1/index.jsp and browse to the relevant sections on installation and security. If you are not able to access this successfully, I'd suggest contacting the product support team to see if they can help you through the installation and setup process.

Harald
          • GowthamSen
            GowthamSen
            1 Post
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-19T00:03:13Z  in response to smithha
            Hi,

I am installed IBM Information Server 8.1 on Windows 2003 server R2. I provided the password for both Wasadmin and isadmin.

I am able to loginto Webapp server using wasadmin.

I am able to loginto IBM Information Server console using isadmin.

But I am not able to login to IBM Information Server Web Console using isadmin. While installation its mentinoed that, with the provided credentials we will be able to login using isadmin.

Another thing I found is, when I give credentials for isadmin, no error is shown. Its just showing the same login window again without any errors.

Am I missing anything here?

Please help me.

Thank you,
            Regards

Gowtham