Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-12T17:14:17Z by kiranse
kiranse
kiranse
3 Posts

Pinned topic Error while creating an ASBO using JDBC ODA?

‏2010-09-09T16:13:58Z |
Hi,
Iam unable to generate an ASBO using JDBC ODA.This is the error am getting when iam using JDBC ODA
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "12.0"
at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(NumberFormatException.java:63)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:501)
at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:542)
at com.crossworlds.oda.jdbcoda.JDBCBoSpecBuilder.translateDataType(JDBCBoSpecBuilder.java:682)
at com.crossworlds.oda.jdbcoda.JDBCBoSpecBuilder.getObjectAttributes(JDBCBoSpecBuilder.java:286)
at com.crossworlds.oda.jdbcoda.JDBCBoSpecBuilder.createSpecs(JDBCBoSpecBuilder.java:183)
at com.crossworlds.oda.jdbcoda.JDBCOda.generateDefs(JDBCOda.java:402)
at com.crossworlds.ODKInfrastructure.GenerateThread.run(GenerateThread.java:42)

Please share ur inputs.
Regards,
Kasarapu
Updated on 2010-09-12T17:14:17Z at 2010-09-12T17:14:17Z by kiranse
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts

Re: Error while creating an ASBO using JDBC ODA?

‏2010-09-09T17:27:02Z  
    Hello Kasarapu,

I see that your passing a decimal value of '12.0' into the adapter discovery wizard. Then the wizard attempts to convert that decimal value into an integer. This is were the NumberFormatException arises from. Please clarify the following:

1.) What type of object are you attempting to discovery from your database? Table/StoredProc?
    2.) Can you supply the sql ddl for the source artifact?
    3.) What does the database report to be the type of the field containing the '12.0'?
    4.) Are you manually entering the value of 12.0?
    5.) Can you manually execute a sql statement calling that source artifact when supplying the value of '12.0'?

Regards,
    -David
  • kiranse
    kiranse
    3 Posts

‏2010-09-09T20:47:03Z  
    Hello Kasarapu,

I see that your passing a decimal value of '12.0' into the adapter discovery wizard. Then the wizard attempts to convert that decimal value into an integer. This is were the NumberFormatException arises from. Please clarify the following:

1.) What type of object are you attempting to discovery from your database? Table/StoredProc?
    2.) Can you supply the sql ddl for the source artifact?
    3.) What does the database report to be the type of the field containing the '12.0'?
    4.) Are you manually entering the value of 12.0?
    5.) Can you manually execute a sql statement calling that source artifact when supplying the value of '12.0'?

Regards,
    -David
    Hello David,

1.Intially i have created a EMP table wth (ENAME,EID,EDESG) in ORACLE.
    2.Now am trying to create an ASBO based on the EMP TABLE using JDBC ODA feature in Websphere Interchanger server V4.3.
    3.I am able to connect to the database succesfully ..but when am trying to generate an Business object(ASBO) am getting the above error.

I would really apperciate if you could send me some sample scenrio covering JTEXT and JDBC adapters.
    One more doubt ..do i need to include add any .jar files explicitly to the classpath...pls specify.

Please let me if you need any other information.

Regards,
    Kasarapu
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    67 Posts

‏2010-09-09T22:16:18Z  
    • kiranse
    • ‏2010-09-09T20:47:03Z
    Hello David,

1.Intially i have created a EMP table wth (ENAME,EID,EDESG) in ORACLE.
    2.Now am trying to create an ASBO based on the EMP TABLE using JDBC ODA feature in Websphere Interchanger server V4.3.
    3.I am able to connect to the database succesfully ..but when am trying to generate an Business object(ASBO) am getting the above error.

I would really apperciate if you could send me some sample scenrio covering JTEXT and JDBC adapters.
    One more doubt ..do i need to include add any .jar files explicitly to the classpath...pls specify.

Please let me if you need any other information.

Regards,
    Kasarapu
    Hello Kasarapu,

Information about documentation for the WBI Adapters please review the following links to the InfoCenter:

InfoCenter: WBI JDBC - Overview of the JDBC Connector
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/doc/jdbc_legacy/jdbc21.htm

InfoCenter: WBI JText - Overview of the JText Connector
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/doc/jtext/jtext12.htm

Then I would also recommend that you open a PMR with IBM WebSphere Adapter Support. They should be able to provide you with more detailed help to resolve the exception that your receiving. When you open the PMR please gather the following details:

• Enable a detailed trace during the run of the ODA Wizard.
    • Gather screenshots leading up to and depicting the error.
    • Description of the EMP table scenario and the needs for the data from it.
    • A copy of the sql ddl for the EMP table from your Oracle DB.
    • Also a description about where the value of '12.0' is coming from? Do you enter that? Or does it come from the DB?

Regards,
    -David
  • kiranse
    kiranse
    3 Posts

‏2010-09-12T17:14:17Z  
    Hello Kasarapu,

Information about documentation for the WBI Adapters please review the following links to the InfoCenter:

InfoCenter: WBI JDBC - Overview of the JDBC Connector
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/doc/jdbc_legacy/jdbc21.htm

InfoCenter: WBI JText - Overview of the JText Connector
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/doc/jtext/jtext12.htm

Then I would also recommend that you open a PMR with IBM WebSphere Adapter Support. They should be able to provide you with more detailed help to resolve the exception that your receiving. When you open the PMR please gather the following details:

• Enable a detailed trace during the run of the ODA Wizard.
    • Gather screenshots leading up to and depicting the error.
    • Description of the EMP table scenario and the needs for the data from it.
    • A copy of the sql ddl for the EMP table from your Oracle DB.
    • Also a description about where the value of '12.0' is coming from? Do you enter that? Or does it come from the DB?

Regards,
    -David
    Hi David,
    Will it be possible for you to send me a sample exercise on creating an ASBO using JDBC ODA ?I would really appreciate if you do so...Please let me know if you have any concerns ....I am refering with respective to IBM Websphere Interchange server..(ASBO-Application Specific Business Object)
    ASBO/any sample BO will do fine..awaiting for your early response..
    Regards,
    Kasarapu