Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-12T22:08:04Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
15496 Posts

Pinned topic Cognos Job Scheduling-how to set specific date and time for a recurring job

‏2010-09-09T15:09:12Z |
I have to schedule a job in Cognos 8.4.1 to run every day at 1 am.
Please list the steps in detail.

This is what i have done: In 'By Day' option i gave 'Every 1 day' and in 'start time' I gave 1am and in 'End time', i gave some random date and time (Sept 20th 10 pm).
This is not running report at 6am every day....at some randon time report is running. Some where I am going wrong.
What should I give in 'By Day', 'By Week', 'By Month', 'By Year' options.

Please list the steps in detail to run a job at 1am every day.

Thank you.
Updated on 2010-09-12T22:08:04Z at 2010-09-12T22:08:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • Rob Walker
    Rob Walker
    134 Posts

Re: Cognos Job Scheduling-how to set specific date and time for a recurring job

‏2010-09-09T16:29:54Z  
    Hi,

From your description you have set the schedule up as it should be.

What does viewing the run history of the report tell you? Is the start time showing 1am but with a much later completion time or is it starting later than your 1am schedule?

Off the top my head.

1. Have you checked the time on the server and made sure it is set to the correct time zone etc
    2. Are you in a single cognos server environment or is it a distributed environment with servers in different timezones?
    3. Do you have other reports scheduled to run that may delay the start/completion of this report
    4. Are there other processes such as database backup/ETL load that may affect the report completion times.

Kind Regards

Rob
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: Cognos Job Scheduling-how to set specific date and time for a recurring job

‏2010-09-09T18:42:54Z  
    Hi,

From your description you have set the schedule up as it should be.

What does viewing the run history of the report tell you? Is the start time showing 1am but with a much later completion time or is it starting later than your 1am schedule?

Off the top my head.

1. Have you checked the time on the server and made sure it is set to the correct time zone etc
    2. Are you in a single cognos server environment or is it a distributed environment with servers in different timezones?
    3. Do you have other reports scheduled to run that may delay the start/completion of this report
    4. Are there other processes such as database backup/ETL load that may affect the report completion times.

Kind Regards

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for your response. I think its a server time issue as you righty guessed. I have corrected it. I will check the schedule tomorrow and i will let you know.

I have to schedule another job to run on the first day of every month at 1 am.

Below is my plan to set the frequency. Please correct me if i am doing it wrong.

In 'by month', set 'Day 1 of every month',
    in 'Start time' set 'Sept 10th 2010 1am' and
    in 'end time' set 'Sept 2nd 2011 10 am'.

I will not touch any thing in By day/ by week/ by year. Is this correct? Or should i delete what ever is set by default in
    by day/by week/by year options ?

Please guide me. Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: Cognos Job Scheduling- how/where to give authentication information

‏2010-09-10T12:31:16Z  
    Hi Rob,
    Thanks for your response. I think its a server time issue as you righty guessed. I have corrected it. I will check the schedule tomorrow and i will let you know.

I have to schedule another job to run on the first day of every month at 1 am.

Below is my plan to set the frequency. Please correct me if i am doing it wrong.

In 'by month', set 'Day 1 of every month',
    in 'Start time' set 'Sept 10th 2010 1am' and
    in 'end time' set 'Sept 2nd 2011 10 am'.

I will not touch any thing in By day/ by week/ by year. Is this correct? Or should i delete what ever is set by default in
    by day/by week/by year options ?

Please guide me. Thanks
    After changing the server time, my reports started at the right time. But the job failed, the message is 'CNC-SDS-0413 There was a problem in executing the task. The user authentication failed. It may not be possible to rerun the task.'

Is there a way to give my login information in the job schedule? Please advice

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    15496 Posts

Re: Cognos Job Scheduling- how/where to give authentication information

‏2010-09-12T22:08:04Z  
    After changing the server time, my reports started at the right time. But the job failed, the message is 'CNC-SDS-0413 There was a problem in executing the task. The user authentication failed. It may not be possible to rerun the task.'

Is there a way to give my login information in the job schedule? Please advice

Thanks
    What you likely need to do is renew your saved credentials for the account running the scheduled report. You can do this in Cognos Connection by accessing your preferences and then going to the Personal tab where there is a Credentials section. There will either be an option to create the credentials or renew them if your account login has changed since the last time you created the credentials.