Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-09-07T19:56:23Z by Mathias Mamsch
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3180 Posts

Pinned topic Create Object with different User

‏2010-09-07T04:23:43Z |
I want to know the way through which i can able to create Object with different user, there should be some way through which i can login(Authorized) with that user and create object through that.

I am not finding the way currently.

Thanks & Regards,
Hardik Shah
Updated on 2010-09-07T19:56:23Z at 2010-09-07T19:56:23Z by Mathias Mamsch
  • Peter_Albert
    Peter_Albert
    250 Posts

Re: Create Object with different User

‏2010-09-07T06:52:59Z  
    Use the command line switches -u username and -P password to start DOORS with different user credentials.

Regards,

Peter
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2010-09-07T07:32:47Z  
    Use the command line switches -u username and -P password to start DOORS with different user credentials.

Regards,

Peter
    Thanks for your reply,
    But i want to do it programmatic.

Thanks & Regards,
    Hardik Shah
  • Peter_Albert
    Peter_Albert
    250 Posts

‏2010-09-07T07:38:54Z  
    Thanks for your reply,
    But i want to do it programmatic.

Thanks & Regards,
    Hardik Shah
    You asked for the login procedure, which is only possible at DOORS startup. AFAIK there is no way you can change your login details when you have started DOORS and logged in with a certain username and password.

Regards,

Peter
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3180 Posts

‏2010-09-07T07:41:22Z  
    You asked for the login procedure, which is only possible at DOORS startup. AFAIK there is no way you can change your login details when you have started DOORS and logged in with a certain username and password.

Regards,

Peter
    Thanks,
    Is there any way through which I can run ipc command to swich user

Thanks & Regards,
    Hardik Shah
  • Mathias Mamsch
    Mathias Mamsch
    2003 Posts

‏2010-09-07T19:56:23Z  
    Thanks,
    Is there any way through which I can run ipc command to swich user

Thanks & Regards,
    Hardik Shah
    You cannot do it from the client DXL program without starting a new DOORS client and doing the change from there. Implementing a stable solution for this without sacrificing DOORS security is quite some task. You need a server service, that will authenticate the sender and run a script with higher priviledges. This service must handle the situation where the modules to be changed are locked and cannot be changed and stuff like this. Multiple connections might need to be handled. Don't think about encrypting the high priviledge user password in some DXL. These can always and easily be fooled to give away the user/password. So the main reason to implement a service like this, namly security, goes down the gutter.

Normally, when users demand a solution, that requires a user to invoke a script with higher priviledges it turned out, that there is another solution that requires no higher priviledges. Maybe if you can say something about the reason you want to create an object with higher priviledges we can think about an alternate solution, which enables you to achive the same.

Just my two cents ...

Regards, Mathias

Mathias Mamsch, IT-QBase GmbH, Consultant for Requirement Engineering and D00RS