Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
25 replies Latest Post - ‏2011-05-16T15:45:23Z by dhenderson
MaheshKharvi
MaheshKharvi
43 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Errors seen in systemout.log during federation

‏2010-09-03T12:05:05Z |
When I tried to federate node to dmgr, lot of errors are shown in the SystemOut.log of dmgr.

I am attaching the log file.

here is the command

/sesitsbos8/was/INSTANCE1/profiles/base/bin/addNode.sh sesitsbos8 15113 -includeapps -startingport 15060
Updated on 2011-05-16T15:45:23Z at 2011-05-16T15:45:23Z by dhenderson
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Errors seen in systemout.log during federation

‏2010-09-03T12:13:01Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
    I am testing Beta on Solaris and Linux now and seen on both OS.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-03T12:20:21Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
    Hi,

Are you trying to add node INSTANCE2 from INSTANCE1 as it seems that there is a problem in the node name you are trying to add according to this error of no such file for INATANCE2?

Caused by: org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaException: /sesitsbos8/was/INSTANCE2/profiles/dmgr/WEB-INF/classes/wsdl/J2EEManagedObject.xsd (No such file or directory)
    • MaheshKharvi
      MaheshKharvi
      43 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-03T12:23:43Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Oops sorry, I attached INSTANCE2 log file, but posted command used for INSTANCE1.

Both profiles are in the same instance and I created two instances to make sure the error exists.
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        462 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-03T15:43:07Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
        Did you try using admin console and got same error?
        • MaheshKharvi
          MaheshKharvi
          43 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T07:15:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Hi AMonsef,

I didn't see error in SystemOut.log this time when used admin console.
          But "ADMU0040E: Exception on MBean invocation " still exists.

I am attaching the addnode output.
          • MaheshKharvi
            MaheshKharvi
            43 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T10:04:29Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
            Found that plugin path in WebServer definition was incorrect, updated that before the federation and no errors now.
            • MaheshKharvi
              MaheshKharvi
              43 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T10:52:19Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
              The error still exists in SystemOut.log though no error in addNode.log file.

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.ws.commons.schema.XmlSchemaException: /sesitsbos8/was/INSTANCE1/profiles/dmg
              r/WEB-INF/classes/wsdl/WS-MetadataExchange-2004_09.xsd (No such file or directory)
              • SystemAdmin
                SystemAdmin
                462 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T12:35:46Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
                Hi,

Do you mean that node addedd successfully using admin console after correcting plugiin path and that error still shown in systemOut.log!!

Regards,
                Ahmed
                • MaheshKharvi
                  MaheshKharvi
                  43 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T12:56:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                  Hi,

Federation is successful in all scenarios, but errors are shown in the logfiles.

After fixing the plugin path, no error found in addNode.log file.

But still SystemOut.log was showing "profiles/dmgr2/WEB-INF/classes/wsdl/WS-MetadataExchange-2004_09.xsd (No such file or directory)" and many more.

I found significant files are not present under DMR_PROFILE_CONFIGROOT/nd_cellname/applications/WebSphereWSDM.ear/deployments/WebSphereWSDM/WebSphereWSDM.war/WEB-INF/classes/wsdl compared to WAS_HOME/systemApps//WebSphereWSDM.ear/WebSphereWSDM.war/WEB-INF/classes/wsdl.

Now I copied systemApps wsdl directory dmgr_profile applications directory prior to federation and I dont see any error message now.

IBM has to look into it why not all files are getting copied to applications directory.
                  • SystemAdmin
                    SystemAdmin
                    462 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T13:09:25Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
                    Hi,

Good news!

Can you please tell me the components of your application federated with that node trying to make same scenario on my side checking if it will happen or not?

Regards,
                    Ahmed
                    • MaheshKharvi
                      MaheshKharvi
                      43 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T13:12:46Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                      ND, IHS and PLUGIN installation
                      Create SA profile (without IHSnode) and DMGR profile
                      Start DMGR profile
                      Run addnode command with -includeapps.
                      • SystemAdmin
                        SystemAdmin
                        462 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T13:20:00Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
                        Thanks but I mean the enterprise application componenets you included in your federation (missing files found on tham after federation) or you just include default apps on that node?
                        • MaheshKharvi
                          MaheshKharvi
                          43 Posts
                          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T13:21:52Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                          WebSphereWSDM is a systemApp for which it is trying to find the files.
                          I didn't install any new applications, all are default.
                          • SystemAdmin
                            SystemAdmin
                            462 Posts
                            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T15:35:44Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
                            OK, thank you, i will update you!
                            • SystemAdmin
                              SystemAdmin
                              462 Posts
                              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-08T13:20:56Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                              Hi,

I tried to add node including apps smoothly with no errors, so can you try to remove that node then adding it again or creating another profile and try to federate that node to ND?

Regards,
                              Ahmed
                              • BarryF
                                BarryF
                                19 Posts
                                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-10T15:07:29Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                                Hello Mahesh,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this post. Thanks to Ahmed for your participation in this thread. The WAS development team would like to investigate the issues you have encountered to ensure any potential defects are addressed in future updates to our product. I had asked several of our testers to attempt to recreate the problem(s) you encountered in our lab but I see that you have updated the thread as 'Answered'. Do you feel there are outstanding issues with the Beta that we should address in future offerings?

Regards,
                                Barry Foster
                                WebSphere Application Server Development Manager
                                • SystemAdmin
                                  SystemAdmin
                                  462 Posts
                                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-10T22:23:39Z  in response to BarryF
                                  Mahesh,

Thank you for reporting this. We are trying to recreate this problem in the lab here at IBM in case it can be resolved in a future update. So far, addNode has been successful in all of our tests on the beta. If this is still a concern, do you mind telling us a little more about your setup so we can determine what we are doing differently? Our environment is one Linux machine with WAS8 beta ND (x86_64), IHS, and web server plugin. There are two profiles created through the manageprofiles command like so:
                                  manageprofiles -create -templatePath <WAS_HOME>/profileTemplates/dmgr
                                  manageprofiles -create -templatePath <WAS_HOME>/profileTemplates/default

After starting the dmgr, addNode is run as follows from WAS_HOME:
                                  addNode <host> <dmgr_port> -includeapps -startingport 15060 -profileName AppSrv01

Is there any way in which this environment and these steps differ from yours?

Thanks,

Travis Rinn
                                  WebSphere Application Server Persona Test
                                  • MaheshKharvi
                                    MaheshKharvi
                                    43 Posts
                                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-13T08:04:15Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                                    Travis,

Thank you for working on this.
                                    Still I am facing the same problem.
                                    I am not seeing any error during the federation, the output indicates successfully federated, when refered dmgr logs, it shows some of the files are missing for WebSphereWSDM.

I tried different configuration,
                                    Installed only WAS ND, created two profiles with default and dmgr as the templates without any other options to manageprofile.
                                    Ran the addnode command, still errors are shown in the dmgr systemOut.log.
                                    • RohitK
                                      RohitK
                                      38 Posts
                                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-13T22:16:45Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
                                      Mahesh,

We have a process in place to diagnose and debug node federation issues. If you are amenable to repeating the scenario, can you please follow the steps listed here in the MustGather document for Federation or removal of node issues
                                      http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSCMPDZ&q1=MustGatherDocument&uid=swg21196227&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

The output of the collector script in <WAS_HOME>/bin directory will also help us in debugging this issue. Please note that the Collector tool (collector.bat/sh) can not be run in the WebSphere install directory or a WebSphere install sub directory.
                                      --Thanks,
                                      Rohit Kelapure
                                      • MaheshKharvi
                                        MaheshKharvi
                                        43 Posts
                                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-14T06:01:18Z  in response to RohitK
                                        I never said federation is failure in my case, It was successful from very begining, but I see error messages in dmgr SystemOut.log.

This is the only concern from my end, I am able to perform all tasks after with federeted node.
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-06T10:52:38Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
  • MaheshKharvi
    MaheshKharvi
    43 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T12:35:58Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
    Travis,

Can I have some update on this.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      462 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T14:29:03Z  in response to MaheshKharvi
      Mahesh,

Thanks for the additional information on environment. You had mentioned Solaris, and we are also trying to reproduce on Solaris now since the problem has not been found yet on Linux. Knowing that it can happen without supporting products installed helps. There must still be some key difference between our lab environment and yours that explains why we are not hitting the exception regularly, and we are looking for that difference on our side. If you have the time to answer any of the following questions, it would help in providing a faster resolution, but we will continue to work on this either way.

1. Have you tried this at any time on any platform, looked in the logs for this exception, and not seen it? If so, what platform was that on? Since there are some differences between platforms, having an idea if it is all of them or some of them would make a difference.
      2. Do you know of any processes that are running on both your Linux and Solaris machine that could be interfering? That may be why we have not been able to reproduce in the IBM lab so far - perhaps you have some additional software running on your systems beyond WAS and the default configuration, i.e. a database or software required by your company.
      3. Is there anything in the logs/ffdc directories for either profile? Sometimes the exceptions here provide us with better detail of a failure.

Thanks,

Travis Rinn
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        462 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-09-17T16:02:53Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Mahesh,

Don't worry about the above questions anymore. This has now been reproduced in the lab on Solaris. We have enough information for the time being. Once again, we appreciate your help in bringing this to our attention so that we can fix the problem in the future.

Thanks,

Travis Rinn
        • dhenderson
          dhenderson
          1 Post
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2011-05-16T15:45:23Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          I wanted to post a follow-up to this thread. I'm attempting to federate a node to a cell on another server, and I receive the exact same errors in the SystemOut.log.

In addition, the node I'm attempting to federate is a WSRR node, and I'm federating to a cell running ESB. The problem I am faced with is, even though the WSRR node federates with errors, when I start the WSRR node, the ESB clusters no longer start. When the WSRR node is stopped or not federated, the ESB clusters start correctly.

Please let me know if there's a fix for this issue.

Thanks!