Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-08-30T19:49:02Z by drdamour
drdamour
drdamour
23 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Content List Widget Custom Context Menu Item Disappears on Subsequent View

‏2010-08-30T19:18:51Z |
I believe i have come across a very nasty bug in the Content List Widget for IBM ECM Widgets 4.5.2.1 (it was present on 4.5.2 as well).

When the Content list widget is placed on a step processor page, custom context menu events are not always available. Specifically, the event exits for the first time the step processor is opened, but subsequent viewings show that the custom event is not published. the entry in the context menu still exists, but the associated event does not, and thus no wiring can take place, and no widget can listen for the custom context menu entry being clicked.

To recreate you need two business space pages. One for finding work and another for doing work (the step processor). In the find work page, add an inbasket widget that contains a work item that is configured to us the do work page as the step processor. on the do work page, add the step completion widget and the content list widget. For the content list widget configured it to do a search that always gives some results (the results don't matter, and it doesn't matter if you wire anything to the content list widget). Add a custom menu item (the name and label don't matter). Now do the following things:
1. Go to the find work page and double click a work item to open the step processor for the first time
2. in the step processor page use page edit to observe that event is there by attempting to wire it.
3. Cancel out of edit mode
4. Click close on the step completion widget to return to the find work page
5. Double click a work item again (need not be the same, just must go to same step processor page)
6. Use page edit to verify the event no longer exists by attempting to wire it.
Workaround:
if at step 5 you refresh the browser (F5), than the event will always be there

This bug & work-around holds true in both mozilla & IE, and i don't believe it to be browser specific.

This is directly affecting an system that is planned to go live at the end of September.

I have attached a short video displaying the issue and the work around.

I am Just a new Boy,
A Stranger in this Town,
Where are All the Good Times,
Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
Updated on 2010-08-30T19:49:02Z at 2010-08-30T19:49:02Z by drdamour
  • drdamour
    drdamour
    23 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Content List Widget Custom Context Menu Item Disappears on Subsequent View

‏2010-08-30T19:34:53Z  in response to drdamour
    it appears the forum software does not support AVI's or larger file sizes. I have share the video via google docs @ https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4cDmydhOGwvMzYyNTlhMDgtOTRkNC00NTFhLTlkYjAtZjRkMDVhZTQ0NDVm&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

I am Just a new Boy,
    A Stranger in this Town,
    • drdamour
      drdamour
      23 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Content List Widget Custom Context Menu Item Disappears on Subsequent View

‏2010-08-30T19:49:02Z  in response to drdamour
      Here's a direct link: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B4cDmydhOGwvMzYyNTlhMDgtOTRkNC00NTFhLTlkYjAtZjRkMDVhZTQ0NDVm&export=download&authkey=CNzWxpUM&hl=en

also, i can't make the link clickable cause the forum software generates a JavaScript error in Chrome, Mozilla, & IE8. pretty awful...

I am Just a new Boy,
      A Stranger in this Town,