Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2011-12-29T16:59:17Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
88 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Maximum concurrent jobs allowed for either sds_import or sds_migr

‏2010-08-27T12:36:54Z |
I am looking at running the background job SDS tools sds_import and sds_migr on a large number of IS docs. I know that for some of the older, non-SDS tools, there was often a limit on how many jobs could be active at the same time. The SDS documentation does not specify any limits and I don't have an easy way to test this.

Does someone know if there are limits on how many sds_import jobs can be running in parallel at the same time? Or how many sds_migr jobs can be running at the same time?
Updated on 2011-12-29T16:59:17Z at 2011-12-29T16:59:17Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    88 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Maximum concurrent jobs allowed for either sds_import or sds_migr

‏2011-12-29T16:59:17Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    There is no such limitation as per as job is concerned. But in order to make it streamline you need to determine what is your current system i,e. if you are migrating jobs from OSAR having 10 drives each then you need to consider the BAU need as well as the migration jobs. You can divide 10= 4 for BAU + 6 for Jobs.

As these are background jobs it won't affect production system but yeah you can kill those jobs if required.