Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-08-22T21:51:03Z by rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
10 Posts

Pinned topic Using RMC with Synergy: problem with restricted characters

‏2010-08-23T14:12:07Z |
Hello all,

anyone tried to use RMC (Rational Method Composer) with Synergy?

The problem is, that RMC creates files with characters in filename, which are restricted characters for Synergy. RMC uses ''. Synergy doesn't want to create these objects, because the Synergy Database uses these characters in its regular expressions.

Has anyone an idea for a solution?
Thanks to all in advance, Rainer Oye (IT-QBase GmbH)
Updated on 2012-08-22T21:51:03Z at 2012-08-22T21:51:03Z by rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
  • rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
    10 Posts

Re: Using RMC with Synergy: problem with restricted characters

‏2010-08-24T12:17:31Z  
    Sorry, I recognized that there is a mistake in my post. So noone can see, which charakters I mean. I mean the square brackets.

"[]"
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    174 Posts

‏2010-10-12T16:23:45Z  
    Sorry Rainer,

but Synergy still do not allow any special characters up to version 7.1.
    Only 123 acb - _ and a blank is possible.
    But in the next version 7.2 Synergy will be unicode compatible.
    If you need it now, an option is to use the 7.1a asia version of Synergy, which as already this feature.

best regards
    Robert
  • rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
    10 Posts

‏2010-12-16T22:10:15Z  
    Sorry Rainer,

If you need it now, an option is to use the 7.1a asia version of Synergy, which as already this feature.

best regards
    Robert
    Robert,

thank you very much for this info. As a Synergy Expert I know, that these characters cannot be used in filenames of objects in Synergy.

In this case we have no chance to switch to another version of Synergy in a short time. The customer has to much databases and Insances of "Telelogic Change". They actual use Synergy 6.5 and Change 4.7

The RMC-Project will be over till we can switch to 7.1a or 7.2. So we have to live with a work around in RMC.
    Thanks for your answer, Rainer
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

‏2010-12-17T14:05:54Z  
    Sorry Rainer,

best regards
    Robert
    The characters "" are restricted characters in all current releases of Synergy. Switching to Synergy 7.1a will not help with this particular issue. They are restricted because they are used in regular expressions.
  • David.Honey
    David.Honey
    176 Posts

‏2010-12-17T14:07:57Z  
    The characters "" are restricted characters in all current releases of Synergy. Switching to Synergy 7.1a will not help with this particular issue. They are restricted because they are used in regular expressions.
    The square brackets I typed in my previous reply got stripped off the posted message. Let me try again. The characters

[]

are restricted characters in all current and previous Synergy releases. Switching to 7.1a does not help with this issue.
  • rainer.oye@it-qbase.de
    10 Posts

‏2012-08-22T21:51:03Z  
    The square brackets I typed in my previous reply got stripped off the posted message. Let me try again. The characters <pre class="jive-pre"> [] </pre> are restricted characters in all current and previous Synergy releases. Switching to 7.1a does not help with this issue.
    Thanks a lot. Finally we set up a work around, so that these characters are not in use in file names any more. But this means not to use some feature of RMC.

Ask me for details. I have to take a look myself once more.

Thanks and Greets, Rainer Oye from IT-QBase