Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-08-19T08:49:39Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
805 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to run RQM Adapter when RFT is installed on 64 bit machine.

‏2010-08-19T05:56:58Z |
HI

I am not able to run RQM Adapter (Configureadapter.bat and startadapter.bat) from RFT installed on a 64 bit machine. Is this a known limitation. I get
an error like ".. installscripts was unexpected at this time".

Is there any workaround for this.

Thanks
Keerthi
Updated on 2010-08-19T08:49:39Z at 2010-08-19T08:49:39Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    805 Posts

    Re: Unable to run RQM Adapter when RFT is installed on 64 bit machine.

    ‏2010-08-19T06:30:33Z  
    Not sure why you put this in the Build Forge forum!

    It just so happens I had and fixed this problem myself. The installer for RFT and the adapter installs to:
    c:\program files (x86)\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\...

    The adapter includes a couple of batch files. In the batch files there is logic that looks at various paths to find where things are installed. The batch file parsing logic can't handle the brackets in the file name (x86). It also parses Registry entries looking for things too and has the same problem.

    Workaround - hack the batch files so that they don't go search. Just hard code the various paths it is looking for. Installing to some other location won't help most likely as you will very likely have other things on the path that have (x86) in the name anyway.

    I've attached one that I did... I didn't try to make it pretty but it does work.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    805 Posts

    Re: Unable to run RQM Adapter when RFT is installed on 64 bit machine.

    ‏2010-08-19T08:49:39Z  
    Not sure why you put this in the Build Forge forum!

    It just so happens I had and fixed this problem myself. The installer for RFT and the adapter installs to:
    c:\program files (x86)\IBM\SDP\FunctionalTester\...

    The adapter includes a couple of batch files. In the batch files there is logic that looks at various paths to find where things are installed. The batch file parsing logic can't handle the brackets in the file name (x86). It also parses Registry entries looking for things too and has the same problem.

    Workaround - hack the batch files so that they don't go search. Just hard code the various paths it is looking for. Installing to some other location won't help most likely as you will very likely have other things on the path that have (x86) in the name anyway.

    I've attached one that I did... I didn't try to make it pretty but it does work.
    Thank you so much, I will give a try with your solution