Topic
11 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-08-25T16:08:10Z by WBE
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
95 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Configuring WebSphere Business Events to use MQ as the JMS provider

‏2010-08-17T15:41:16Z |
Hello,
I've done an install of WBE 7.0 with this option but it isn't working. I think the reason is that there are no topics created on MQ side. Is there an additional MQ script that is missing which creates these MQ objects? Has anyone succeeded in using MQ as JMS provider with WBE?

Bernard
Updated on 2010-08-25T16:08:10Z at 2010-08-25T16:08:10Z by WBE
  • WBE
    WBE
    99 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Configuring WebSphere Business Events to use MQ as the JMS provider

‏2010-08-17T16:03:25Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Hi Bernard,

Are you sure you have specified the MQ ip, port, etc correctly? Have you configured your MQ support for JMS before installation? Have you started your MQ port listner? You can always redo the configuration by first running an unconfigure command, i.e.,
    SIB: <WBE install dir>\config\was\configure_messaging -undo, or
    MQ JMS: <WBE install dir>\config\was\configure_MQ_JMS_messaging -undo
    and then reconfigure command
    <WBE install dir>\config\was\configure_MQ_JMS_messaging ....
    After that don't forget restart your WAS server.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      95 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-18T12:22:40Z  in response to WBE
      I've been doing this on my desktop machine and I'm using my existing MQ server which I've configured and used together with WAS several times before. Didn't have any problems of this kind.

As for WBE; I've done the 'Typical' install and selected MQ as default messaging provider. The install finished OK and I stared with the 1st tutorial. At the end of the tutorial I found out it doesn't work. There are no topics on MQ and I saw these errors in WAS log:
      J2CA0045E: Connection not available while invoking method queueRequest for resource JMS$WbeTopicConnectionFactory$JMSManagedConnection
      After that I tried to recofigure WBE following this chapter of the Infocenter: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbevents/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbe.install.doc/doc/configuringwebspheremqasthejmsprovider.html . It didn't help. In fact, if I go through this chapter I don't see any step that creates topics on MQ side, just WAS. It seems something is missing. Am I correct?

PS
      Of course we could use internal JMS and WBE would work. But we decided to use MQ.
      • WBE
        WBE
        99 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-18T14:01:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        OK. If you have followed the steps in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbevents/v7r0m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbe.install.doc/doc/configuringwebspheremqasthejmsprovider.html, you should be fine after running command configure_MQ_JMS_messaging. WMQ is supported as a WBE JMS provider and there is no extra scripts you need to run. Could you please start your WAS admin console and check if WbeTopicConnectionFactory has been created properly (under Resources > JMS > Topic connection factories).

If the WbeTopicConnectionFactory doesn't look good, please send me the relevant screen dumps and the configure_MQ_JMS_messaging command console output. Otherwise, please send me restart your WAS server and send me your WAS SystemOut.log.

Regards
        • SystemAdmin
          SystemAdmin
          95 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-19T07:53:16Z  in response to WBE
          Hi,
          I've attached a screenshot of WbeTopicConnectionFactory in admin console. It looks OK to me. If I run configure_MQ_JMS_messaging script again it just prints out that all of the objects already exist.

I've attached SystemOut as well. It contatins only events during server startup, as requested. The part from tutorial with the errors isn't there yet.

Thanks for looking into this.
          • WBE
            WBE
            99 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-19T08:23:13Z  in response to SystemAdmin
            Hi Bernard,

As you have said, the runtime appeared to be working fine. I am now wondering if there is something wrong with your tutorial (or he way you are running it). Could you please describe the details (I am not even sure which tutorial you are talking about) and send me a trace for your tutorial (switch on user trace -- check information center for how to)? It might be a good idea to test the runtime first using the Business Space Tester widget first. If this works, we will know MQ JMS is working properly as a provider.

Regards
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              95 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-19T11:33:30Z  in response to WBE
              I'm using the tutorial within infocenter, Exercise 1. If I go through Business Event Tester it works fine! I haven't tried it before myself.

It comes down to this; if I make any HTTP request to URL http://localhost:9084/wbe/servlet/EventConnectorServlet or anything bellow that, I start getting an endless trail of these errors in systemOut:
              19.8.10 13:26:38:187 CEST 00000049 FreePool E J2CA0045E: Connection not available while invoking method queueRequest for resource JMS$WbeTopicConnectionFactory$JMSManagedConnection@1835756907.
              19.8.10 13:26:38:250 CEST 00000049 FreePool E J2CA0045E: Connection not available while invoking method queueRequest for resource JMS$WbeTopicConnectionFactory$JMSManagedConnection@1835756907.
              19.8.10 13:26:38:250 CEST 00000049 FreePool E J2CA0045E: Connection not available while invoking method queueRequest for resource JMS$WbeTopicConnectionFactory$JMSManagedConnection@1835756907.

BTW, my security is on, but I can open WBE User Console ( http://localhost:9084/wbe/ without the servlet/... part), no ssl required.
              • WBE
                WBE
                99 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-19T13:39:11Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                Looks like a problem with your HTTP connector configuration. Have you started theWBE connectors?
                • SystemAdmin
                  SystemAdmin
                  95 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-20T08:33:03Z  in response to WBE
                  Yes, if I go through Business Space Tester my file connector creates the file, so connectors are running. What could be wrong within the http connector that would produce such a JMS error?
                  • WBE
                    WBE
                    99 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-20T11:20:05Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                    Hi Bernard,

I have managed to recreate the problem in the lab. Do you mind raising a PMR for this problem so that is can be properly tracked.

Thanks!

Regards

Xiaoming
                    • SystemAdmin
                      SystemAdmin
                      95 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-25T14:11:45Z  in response to WBE
                      Hello,
                      PMR:49066,708,708 is opened.

Another question; is it possible to somehow connect to a MQ (via fs JNDI) with messaging connector? I tried but I get this in connector log:

BEER0402E: A JMS error occurred: javax.jms.JMSException: BEER0347E: Object returned from JNDI lookup of fileQCF was expected to be an instance of javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory but was an instance of com.ibm.mq.jms.MQConnectionFactory
                      • WBE
                        WBE
                        99 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-25T16:08:10Z  in response to SystemAdmin
                        Thanks for raising the PMR. We are investigating a fix.

Regarding the question about the connector, it is a supported configuration. It looks like you have hitted another problem. I am terribly sorry about that. Please raise another PMR and we will investigate further.

Regards

Xiaoming