• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-02-13T16:14:26Z by SystemAdmin
korhojo
korhojo
1 Post

Pinned topic Network Connections - Proxy problem

‏2010-08-17T07:24:44Z |
Hi!

I have a little problem with RAD8 open beta 2's setting General > Network Connections.

We have IE configured to bypass these:

.kela.fi;.kela.root;localhost

RAD imports these OK for the native provider.

However, when I try to use the CVS plugin to connect to our
CVS server srvcvstu.kela.fi, I get a proxy authentication error.
That is, the connection goes to our proxy although it shouldn't.

I switched to Active Provider = Manual and added srvcvstu.kela.fi
and that it works.

I then tried changing IE proxy config to this:

.kela.fi;.kela.root;localhost;srvcvstu.kela.fi

After that the Native provider works ok. Isn't it supposed to
support wild cards? :-)

As such, the new Network Connections seems promising. It seems if
I use the Manual provider, I can set the proxy User and Password
which our proxy requires. The only problem is that the setting
is for each workspace and if I change my password in AD, RAD
might then lock up my account by trying to use the old password...

I wonder if there's a way to change the default settings of
Eclipse so they apply to all new workspaces?

Cheers, Joel
Updated on 2013-02-13T16:14:26Z at 2013-02-13T16:14:26Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts

Re: Network Connections - Proxy problem

‏2010-08-23T12:14:31Z  
    Hi Joel,

There are two issues so I will try to answer for each of them separately.

1) I have tried to reproduce this issue with native bypass pattern and it looks like this is a bug. Here is a link to bugzilla where you can track a progress in work on it: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=323378. For now I can only propose you a workaround by add srvcvstu.kela.fi bypass in IE.

2) Password settings (not only for proxy) are shared by all Eclipse on one machine. File with passwords is stored in C:\Documents and Settings\user_name\.eclipse\org.eclipse.equinox.security\secure_storage file. Additionally, proxy preferences are in configuration scope, which means that they are shared between workspaces for one Eclipse application. In this case hosts and ports and bypasses for manual preferences are not shared. If you set authentication required and set username and password in manual settings, those preferences will be shared between all product (also with separated SDP folder). In result, in all product you can have different hosts and ports for manual settings but passwords will be the same in all of them (of course if username is also the same).

Let me know if you will have any other questions.

Regards,

--
    Wojciech Galanciak
    Technical Support Engineer
    Eclipse Support Center
    IBM Software Group
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts

‏2013-01-22T12:14:53Z  
    I have RAD 8 installed on my machine recently and when I try to change the Preferences > General > Network connections from Native to Direct, the RAD gets crashed with below error.

Native Code from Either a third party or the operating System Library (C:\Windows\system32\SspiCli.dll) caused the crash.

And RAD gets crashed with crash dump. After I restart RAD, the setting are back to Native.

Can someone help here to fix this or atleast some workaround ?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts

‏2013-02-13T16:14:26Z  
    I have RAD 8 installed on my machine recently and when I try to change the Preferences > General > Network connections from Native to Direct, the RAD gets crashed with below error.

Native Code from Either a third party or the operating System Library (C:\Windows\system32\SspiCli.dll) caused the crash.

And RAD gets crashed with crash dump. After I restart RAD, the setting are back to Native.

Can someone help here to fix this or atleast some workaround ?
    I encountered a similar problem with RSA 8.5 after trying to use the Oracle Eclipse plugins. I carried on debugging with Eclipse Juno (3.8.1) and found out that my problem was with the JDK itself.

My system: Windows 7, 32 bit. Crash: Exit code 8096 from RSA (blames SSIPCLI.dll) and exit code 1 from Eclipse Juno (also blames SSIPCLI.dll)

See http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7176784 - fixed in Oracle JDK 1.8
    and the backport to Oracle JDK 1.7_u6 - http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=2226182

Both Oracle jdk 1.8 and 1.7_12 worked fine for me. JDK 1.7_13 (current) crashed hard (no core dump!).

I can confirm that the bug still seems to exist in the latest Oracle JDK 1.6 (build 39) so it looks like 1.7 and 1.8 were as far as the fix went.

Since the bug exists in RSA 8.5, I'd assume that the IBM JDK 1.7 is based on Oracle JDK 1.7_u4 which was just before the fix went in.. Hopefully they will provide a fix based on the Oracle fix...

Hope this helps..

David