Topic
13 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-12-03T22:51:41Z by kennetheld
timr19
timr19
25 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Problem generating Java Wrappers

‏2009-08-03T20:06:14Z |

Hi, I'm running RBD v7.5.1 and I'm attempting to generate a java wrapper to a project for a very simple EGL program. The resulting generation message states that my generation completed successfully, but for some reason I never see the wrapper in my package. I'm specifying the enableJavaWrappers=ONLY and giving the wrapper package name I want it to be placed in. I've tried generating it to a folder on my D:drive, but no luck either. Has anyone experienced this same issue?
Thanks,
Tim
Updated on 2009-11-10T20:28:01Z at 2009-11-10T20:28:01Z by markevans
  • markevans
    markevans
    2728 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Problem generating Java Wrappers

‏2009-08-04T00:24:26Z  in response to timr19

Tim,
    In addition to what you did, you need to create a linkage part that has a remoteCall entry in it that specifies javawrapper=yes. the linkage part is specified in the build descriptor that you are using for generating.
    Here is what the helps have in listed.
    You generate the Java wrapper classes if you use a build descriptor that has these characteristics:

• The enableJavaWrapperGen build descriptor option is set to yes or only.
    • The linkage build descriptor option references a linkage options part that includes a callLink element to guide the call from wrapper to program.
    • One of two statements apply:
      • The call from wrapper to program is by way of an EJB session bean (in which case the type property of the callLink element is set to ejbCall).
      • The call from wrapper to program is remote (in which case the callLink element, type property is set to remoteCall); also, the callLink element, javaWrapper property is set to yes.

hope this helps.
    • timr19
      timr19
      25 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-04T14:03:32Z  in response to markevans

Mark, thanks for your response. I apologize for not including that bit of info in my original post, but yes I have the linkage defined (javaWrapper=yes) and it is in my build descriptor. I followed the tutorial instructions to the letter so this is a head scratcher.
      Thanks,
      Tim
      • markevans
        markevans
        2728 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-04T17:13:37Z  in response to timr19

Tim,
        I am using V7.5.1.3, so also make sure you have the latest fixes.
        Can you attach your simple example and .eglbld file (maybe just the project interchange file if in a small project). I generated last night on my machine and it generated the wrapper class, but not until I setup the linkage part and specified this linkage part in the build descriptor.

• timr19
          timr19
          25 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-04T18:56:12Z  in response to markevans
          Mark, I've attached the EGL Project (EGLTestJavaCalls) that I'm using. There's one egl program called ATEST01. I'm using the I'm using the build descriptor EGLTestJavaCalls_Wrappers.
          Attachments:
          EGLTestJavaCalls.zip
          • markevans
            markevans
            2728 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-06T12:44:20Z  in response to timr19

Tim,
            I tried your project as shipped and found two things that would cause you to not get the wrapper generated.
            1.) As you exported it, the default build descriptor was set to "EGLTestJavaCallsJavaBuildOptions". If you used the "Generate" to generate, then you were not picking up any of the linkage information when generating the called program or the EnableJavaWrappers=ONLY build descriptor. Of course, if you used "generate with Wizard" and picked the "EGLTestJavaCalls_Wrappers", then you took care of this.
            2.) The real problem...as I had noted in the previous entry....you also need to select "javaWrapper=YES" in the linkage entry for ATEST01 in the "TestLinkage_Wrappers" part. Note this is a different entry from the EnableJavaWrapperGen in the build descriptor. It is specified in the linkage part.
            See the attached screen shot with the linkage entry and the project explorer expanded to howing the generated wrapper.
            Attachments:
            wrapper.JPG
            • timr19
              timr19
              25 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-06T14:15:20Z  in response to markevans

Mark,
              Maybe it's the way it exported, but I do have javaWrapper=Yes in my linkage file and I have the linkage file in my EGLTestJavaCalls_Wrappers build descriptor.
              Thanks,
              Tim
              • markevans
                markevans
                2728 Posts
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-06T14:40:38Z  in response to timr19

Tim,
                Usually the export is dependable on "preserving" the contents of the files. I have never heard /seen of a case where it was not.
                To take the export out of the picture....then send me the actual .eglbld from your file system.
                Finally, I mentioned this once before...but what level of RBD, RDz, or RDi are you using? Are you on the latest fixpacks?
                take care.
                • timr19
                  timr19
                  25 Posts
                  ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-08-17T13:30:54Z  in response to markevans

Mark, here's the .eglbld I'm using. It contains 2 build descriptors and a linkage file. I'm using EGLTestJavaCalls_Wrappers.eglbld along with the TestLinkage_Wrappers.lkg Let me know if you need anything else. FYI...I'm using RBD 7.5.1 Does generating java wrappers work correctly in this version?
                  Thanks,
                  Tim
                  Attachments:
                  EGLTestJavaCalls.eglbld
                  • markevans
                    markevans
                    2728 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2009-11-10T20:28:01Z  in response to timr19
                    Just to close on this issue. There was a problem in the eglbld editor where the javawrapper value in the linkage parts was not being saved correctly. This was resolved and available in RBD 7.5.1.4.
                    • kennetheld
                      kennetheld
                      38 Posts
                      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-03T20:32:27Z  in response to markevans

Mark,

I know this post goes way but I am sooo new to JAVA I would REALLY appreciate you sending me the simple JAVA program that you use to call the wrapper with some basic explanation.  Thanks so much.  

• kennetheld
                        kennetheld
                        38 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-03T22:00:45Z  in response to kennetheld

Sorry Mark.  I did actually get the attachment.  Thanks.

• kennetheld
                        kennetheld
                        38 Posts
                        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-03T22:51:41Z  in response to kennetheld

Mark,

I think my main issue at this point probably has to do with deployment.  I have went though some basic training at this point with EGL but wondering if you could send me some steps as to how I get this simple wrapper project deployed so I can run.  I would really appreciate that.  Thanks again for all your help.

• kennetheld
                    kennetheld
                    38 Posts
                    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-12-03T20:30:15Z  in response to timr19

Tim,

I know this post goes way back but could you provide me with your last project directory along with the native external JAVA program that calls the wrapper?  I would really appreciate it.  I think I have your original EGLTestJavaCalls imported and working to the point of creating the wrapper but I am sooo new to JAVA I would REALLY appreciate you sending me the simple JAVA program that you called the wrapper with.  Thanks so much.