Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-08-21T15:44:02Z by dan_darnell
MalcolmW
MalcolmW
40 Posts

Pinned topic Trying to create bottom up iseries rpg web service: IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred.

‏2010-05-21T17:03:02Z |

I get this error when I try to create an iseries bottom-up web service. It occurs at the Web Service Java Bean Identity screen.
Am I missing a jar file or something?
Thanks,
Malcolm
IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred.
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.ResourceSet
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.ResourceSet
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$300(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verifyImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.verify(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.J9VMInternals.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.webservice.was.v6.consumption.j2ee14.command.AbstractEmitterAdapterCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.webservice.was.consumption.command.AbstractEmitterLauncherCommand.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.runCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.visitTop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.moveForwardToNextStop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager$6.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager.runForwardToNextStop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.runForwardToNextStop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.getNextPage(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleWizardPage.getNextPage(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.webservice.consumption.ui.widgets.object.WebServiceWizardLauncher.launchWebServiceWizard(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.webservice.consumption.ui.widgets.object.ISeriesWebServiceQSYSFilesPopupMenuExtensionAction.launchWebServiceWizard(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.webservice.consumption.ui.widgets.object.ISeriesWebServiceQSYSFilesPopupMenuExtensionAction.run(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.etools.iseries.rse.ui.actions.popupmenu.SystemAbstractPopupMenuAction.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.ResourceSet
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
... 71 more
Updated on 2010-08-21T15:44:02Z at 2010-08-21T15:44:02Z by dan_darnell
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

Re: Trying to create bottom up iseries rpg web service: IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred.

‏2010-05-21T18:22:46Z  
    Hi Malcom,

Can you provide more information about how you are going about this? What tool(s) are you using? What version(s)? What steps did you take that led up to the error?

--Dan
  • MalcolmW
    MalcolmW
    40 Posts

Re: Trying to create bottom up iseries rpg web service: IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred.

‏2010-05-21T18:44:26Z  
    Hi Malcom,

Can you provide more information about how you are going about this? What tool(s) are you using? What version(s)? What steps did you take that led up to the error?

--Dan

Hello Dan,
    Thanks for looking into this problem. Here is the version:
    IBM Rational Developer for i
    5724-T82
    5733-RDI
    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

Version: 7.5.0
    I have created an egl web project for my rpgile programs, and an egl rui project to invoke them. I followed the help instructions to generate an egl interface for one of my programs from the remote system explorer which worked fine.
    I am assuming that I need to create a web service for that program in order to deploy it to the WAS v6 server on the iseries. I get this error when I try to create the web service from the remote system explorer.
  • MalcolmW
    MalcolmW
    40 Posts

‏2010-05-21T19:07:37Z  
    • MalcolmW
    • ‏2010-05-21T18:44:26Z

Hello Dan,
    Thanks for looking into this problem. Here is the version:
    IBM Rational Developer for i
    5724-T82
    5733-RDI
    Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

Version: 7.5.0
    I have created an egl web project for my rpgile programs, and an egl rui project to invoke them. I followed the help instructions to generate an egl interface for one of my programs from the remote system explorer which worked fine.
    I am assuming that I need to create a web service for that program in order to deploy it to the WAS v6 server on the iseries. I get this error when I try to create the web service from the remote system explorer.

Just to clarify the version:

Installed Packages and Fixes
    IBM® Rational® Developer for i 7.5.0.3
    IBM Rational Developer for i, Version 7.5.0.3 Interim Fix 001
    IBM® Rational® Business Developer 7.5.1.4
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2010-05-21T19:17:21Z  
    • MalcolmW
    • ‏2010-05-21T19:07:37Z

Just to clarify the version:

Installed Packages and Fixes
    IBM® Rational® Developer for i 7.5.0.3
    IBM Rational Developer for i, Version 7.5.0.3 Interim Fix 001
    IBM® Rational® Business Developer 7.5.1.4
    Is it a service program for which you generated the EGL interface? Can you post the EGL interface code that was generated? In my experience the only EGL interface code that you might create for an RPG program would be for a service program.

In general, what I do is create a function in an EGL service and then that function calls my RPG program. The web services I create are over EGL code (which calls RPG programs), not directly over RPG programs. I haven't tried using any of the RDi tooling that creates a web service directly over an RPG program.

So I'm still not 100% clear on what steps you are taking and what code you are generating. Any code and/or additional information you can post would be helpful.
  • MalcolmW
    MalcolmW
    40 Posts

‏2010-05-21T21:00:17Z  
    Is it a service program for which you generated the EGL interface? Can you post the EGL interface code that was generated? In my experience the only EGL interface code that you might create for an RPG program would be for a service program.

In general, what I do is create a function in an EGL service and then that function calls my RPG program. The web services I create are over EGL code (which calls RPG programs), not directly over RPG programs. I haven't tried using any of the RDi tooling that creates a web service directly over an RPG program.

So I'm still not 100% clear on what steps you are taking and what code you are generating. Any code and/or additional information you can post would be helpful.

Dan,
    Thanks for the overview on how you access rpg programs for rui handlers, that is what I am trying to accomplish.
    So, I could create an egl service in an egl web project that calls my rpg program (I know how to do that) , generate a wsdl for the egl service, then create an egl client interface in the rui project, create the rui handler to access the egl service, and deploy both projects to the iseries was server?
    If that road leads to Rome, I'll follow it.
  • dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

‏2010-08-21T15:44:02Z  
    • MalcolmW
    • ‏2010-05-21T21:00:17Z

Dan,
    Thanks for the overview on how you access rpg programs for rui handlers, that is what I am trying to accomplish.
    So, I could create an egl service in an egl web project that calls my rpg program (I know how to do that) , generate a wsdl for the egl service, then create an egl client interface in the rui project, create the rui handler to access the egl service, and deploy both projects to the iseries was server?
    If that road leads to Rome, I'll follow it.
    Hi Malcom,

That is exactly what I do.

In addition, if the service is only going to be used by RUI clients, you don't need to generate a WSDL. Just define the service as a REST service (instead of a SOAP service) and a WSDL isn't required. This cuts down even further on complicating factors.

--Dan
    p.s. I did a video on this but using EGL CE so it may not be particular helpful:

Calling RPG from EGL Community Edition

Edited by: markevans on Aug 21, 2010 11:43 AM
    Updated on 2010-08-21T15:44:02Z at 2010-08-21T15:44:02Z by dan_darnell