3 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-10-25T02:45:40Z by SystemAdmin
kaoru_17th
kaoru_17th
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic simulate a timer

‏2010-08-11T14:04:14Z |
Hi,

I need to simulate a process that has a timer, I know that I cant simulate it with that element, anyone know how could I replace the timer element, maybe with an automatica task or something like this? anyway to workaround this?

tks for your help
Updated on 2010-10-25T02:45:40Z at 2010-10-25T02:45:40Z by SystemAdmin
  • LindaGriggs
    LindaGriggs
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: simulate a timer

‏2010-08-30T00:39:27Z  in response to kaoru_17th
    Timers can be simulated - but are not supported by Process Server. When you create a simulation snapshot you will get a message to say that there are objects that cannot be validated, but you can create a snapshot and simulate the process.

I have attached a project that contains 2 processes with 2 types of timers - one that activates at 4pm and the other that activates 2 hours after the last activity.

The timer does not have any input or output, so the next activity needs to be connected to both the timer and the previous activity and input logic set up so that input criterion includes all inputs.

Hope this helps.

Linda
    • kaoru_17th
      kaoru_17th
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-30T14:49:05Z  in response to LindaGriggs
      Hi,

I'd missing the connection between the 2 tasks, only had the one to the timer, I just add it and the simulation works fine

tks for your help
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    221 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-10-25T02:45:40Z  in response to kaoru_17th
    LindaGriggs wrote:
    Timers can be simulated - but are not supported by Process Server. When you create a simulation snapshot you will get a message to say that there are objects that cannot be validated, but you can create a snapshot and simulate the process.

I have attached a project that contains 2 processes with 2 types of timers - one that activates at 4pm and the other that activates 2 hours after the last activity.

The timer does not have any input or output, so the next activity needs to be connected to both the timer and the previous activity and input logic set up so that input criterion includes all inputs.

Hope this helps.

Linda

It is the way! But I still wonder why, Any examples for reference? Could you give more details?