Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-06-20T20:55:15Z by Ducatiman
sridevi_yv
sridevi_yv
1 Post

Pinned topic Optim installation

‏2010-08-09T10:47:24Z |
I want to automate installation of optim. optim installation and configuration can be automated by using silent installation..but optim directory does not get installed by silent installation.. can anyone suggest how i can work on this? how can i automate installation of optim directory?
and where exactly will i find the configuration file of optim?
Updated on 2012-06-20T20:55:15Z at 2012-06-20T20:55:15Z by Ducatiman
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    301 Posts

Re: Optim installation

‏2010-08-09T17:31:46Z  
    Hello, could you be more specific and state which Optim product are you trying to install? Thanks.
  • dhmai
    dhmai
    1 Post

‏2010-08-09T17:36:48Z  
    Hi,

Not sure what Optim product you want to install.

If it's Optim Database Administrative for DB2 for LUW Version 2.2.2, there is a folder called sampleResponseFiles in which you can find response file templates along with instructions on how to use those. You can modify the templates to suit your needs.

If it's other Optim products such as Optim Development Studio or Data Studio, you need to generate a sample response file, using Installation Manager, then execute that response file. More information can be found here http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/install/v1r2/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.silentinstall12.doc/topics/r_silent_prefs.html.
  • Srinivas Rao
    Srinivas Rao
    61 Posts

‏2010-10-21T20:40:43Z  
    Hello Sridevi,

It seems like ,ou are referring to IBM Infosphere Optim ( Optim Distributed product) then pls follow the below procedure :

1. Optim directory can not be created using commandline till release 7.3.0 , since the following feature is not available but from GUI

Workaround :
    So instead of creating Optim Directory everytime ,create Optim directory from GUI once then you can apply maintenance of existing Optim directory using command line just to compensate creating of Optim directory everytime.

( Apply maintenace :- Drops the existing procedures / packages , and creates new procedures / packages. It is as good as creating a new optim directory.

Pls look for config.pdf for help regarding PR0CNFG /mainpst commands.

I hope the above process will certainly help you automating the installation of Optim.

Configuration file of Optim could be found here --> c:\program files\IBM Optim\rt\bin default folder
    and the file name is PSTRT.CFG
    Cheers

Srinivas Rao M,
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    301 Posts

‏2012-02-07T14:48:20Z  
    Hello Sridevi,

It seems like ,ou are referring to IBM Infosphere Optim ( Optim Distributed product) then pls follow the below procedure :

1. Optim directory can not be created using commandline till release 7.3.0 , since the following feature is not available but from GUI

Workaround :
    So instead of creating Optim Directory everytime ,create Optim directory from GUI once then you can apply maintenance of existing Optim directory using command line just to compensate creating of Optim directory everytime.

( Apply maintenace :- Drops the existing procedures / packages , and creates new procedures / packages. It is as good as creating a new optim directory.

Pls look for config.pdf for help regarding PR0CNFG /mainpst commands.

I hope the above process will certainly help you automating the installation of Optim.

Configuration file of Optim could be found here --> c:\program files\IBM Optim\rt\bin default folder
    and the file name is PSTRT.CFG
    Cheers

Srinivas Rao M,
    Hello Srinivas,

we have the same problem here with "Silent Installation and configuration of Optim".
    The installation is possible, but not the configuration step with the "creation of the optim directory".
    I understand, it was not possible 2 years ago with Optim 7.3.
    Do you know if it is possible now with a newer Optim release: 7.3.1 or 8.1 ?

Thanks in advance,
    Juergen Buck
  • Srinivas Rao
    Srinivas Rao
    61 Posts

‏2012-02-08T10:40:16Z  
    Hello Srinivas,

we have the same problem here with "Silent Installation and configuration of Optim".
    The installation is possible, but not the configuration step with the "creation of the optim directory".
    I understand, it was not possible 2 years ago with Optim 7.3.
    Do you know if it is possible now with a newer Optim release: 7.3.1 or 8.1 ?

Thanks in advance,
    Juergen Buck
    Hi Juergen,

This feature is not available even in 7.3.1 or 8.1.0 releases.
    You may have to perform the alternate solution elaborated by me above.

Regards,
    Srinivas
  • RajaniKPatnaik
    RajaniKPatnaik
    5 Posts

‏2012-04-20T09:53:56Z  
    Sridevi,

Silent intallation of Optim is possible as you already did. But to create Optim directory, you need to use the Optim Configuration GUI. This is not possible through commandline. This is part of Optim Configuration, not installation. The Optim Configuraion is not yet automated.

Hence, you can't create Optim directory in an automated way.
  • Ducatiman
    Ducatiman
    58 Posts

‏2012-06-20T20:55:15Z  
    There are three primary steps to automatically create the Optim directoy during a silent install. These steps can be placed into a script file:

1) Create the database for the Optim directory e.g
    CREATE DATABASE OPTMDIR AUTOMATIC STORAGE YES ON 'C:\' DBPATH ON 'C:\' USING CODESET UTF-8 TERRITORY US COLLATE USING SYSTEM PAGESIZE 4096;
    2) Load the database stored procedures located in the Optim sub folder e.g. C:\IBM Optim\RT\BIN\SP\ORA112
    3) modify the registry settings in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Princeton Softech\Relationall Tools\PSTDIRECTORY