Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T23:07:55Z by rjonesjpl
Trailmix10
Trailmix10
2 Posts

Pinned topic MagicDraw Rhapsody migration

‏2010-08-05T15:09:15Z |
If I have a large and complex UML and sysML project in MagicDraw, how much of a headache would it be to move everything to Rhapsody? I'd like to move because MagicDraw does not play well with DOORS.
Updated on 2010-08-05T20:43:07Z at 2010-08-05T20:43:07Z by Jeff_Cohen
  • Trailmix10
    Trailmix10
    2 Posts

Re: MagicDraw Rhapsody migration

‏2010-08-05T18:27:24Z  
    I see that, as of 7.4, Rhapsody can import artifacts from MagisDraw via XMI. Does anyone have any experience with this? How well does it work?
  • Jeff_Cohen
    Jeff_Cohen
    71 Posts

‏2010-08-05T20:43:07Z  
    I did it for a customer earlier in the year. The NoMagic XMI used a "later" (read, not approved by OMG) version of XMI than Rhapsody. I had to change the version number and all was well.

It brought in all model elements and relations as expected. Remember that XMI does not include diagrams (not part of that specification), so you will have to recreate the diagrams. Use Rhapsody's auto populate mechanism (on the dialog that you set the name of a new diagram).
  • rjonesjpl
    rjonesjpl
    1 Post

‏2013-05-07T23:07:55Z  
    I did it for a customer earlier in the year. The NoMagic XMI used a "later" (read, not approved by OMG) version of XMI than Rhapsody. I had to change the version number and all was well.

It brought in all model elements and relations as expected. Remember that XMI does not include diagrams (not part of that specification), so you will have to recreate the diagrams. Use Rhapsody's auto populate mechanism (on the dialog that you set the name of a new diagram).

which version and "flavor" of rhapsody did you use?