Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-01-25T17:49:48Z by SystemAdmin
DanLingard
DanLingard
2 Posts

Pinned topic Does HATS have a server on the i?

‏2010-08-05T08:21:07Z |
Hi all,

A silly question, but a quick Google hasn't given me an answer. I know that WebFacing has a server on the IBM iSeries that must be running for WebFaced applications to work. Does HATS have a similar server, or does it "just work"?

Thanks in advance,

Dan
Updated on 2011-01-25T17:49:48Z at 2011-01-25T17:49:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • Shirley.Streep
    Shirley.Streep
    1 Post

Re: Does HATS have a server on the i?

‏2010-12-11T22:59:01Z  
    DanLingard wrote:
    Hi all,

A silly question, but a quick Google hasn't given me an answer. I know that WebFacing has a server on the IBM iSeries that must be running for WebFaced applications to work. Does HATS have a similar server, or does it "just work"?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Have you solved the problem? It's very long now, Thanks very much! Would you pls post it here? Here is also the same case.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4895 Posts

‏2010-12-13T09:49:50Z  
    DanLingard wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Have you solved the problem? It's very long now, Thanks very much! Would you pls post it here? Here is also the same case.
    Hi,

No, HATS has no servers on iSeries to start, All what you need is to host its ear file on WebSphere Application Server on a system i to be running specifying its context root while deployment.

//Ahmed
  • DanLingard
    DanLingard
    2 Posts

‏2011-01-25T10:16:50Z  
    DanLingard wrote:
    Hi all,

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just checked back on my old topics!

It's as Ahmed says - there's no server on the IBM machine, it just needs a machine name/IP address and a port to connect to. The port should (I think) be the port usually used to connect a green screen emulator to the IBM box.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    4895 Posts

‏2011-01-25T17:49:48Z  
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I've only just checked back on my old topics!

It's as Ahmed says - there's no server on the IBM machine, it just needs a machine name/IP address and a port to connect to. The port should (I think) be the port usually used to connect a green screen emulator to the IBM box.
    there will be two ports one in HATS configuration which will be 23 -- telnet port and IP address of your iseries box then hosting this ear file on websphere application server accessing your HATS by using

http://<websphere-ip>:<ihs_port_or_embedded_HTTP_port>/<hats_context_root>

//Ahmed