Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-11-18T02:52:54Z by ian_lloyd@health.gov.au
ian_lloyd@health.gov.au
4 Posts

Pinned topic Tivoli Identity manager 5.1 "Identity Policy - create user"

‏2010-08-03T00:41:51Z |
Hi All

We have modified the standard Identity policy and for the most part it works perfectly.
We are using a modified person form to create the record.

When we create a user that already exists as a "person record" (we are checking UID) it fails(Which is what we want)but we get a built in error message called "An error has occurred if the problem persists contact your system administrator". (NOTE: We don't want to add a numerically number to UID if it exists.)

What we want is when you click submit when creating a new person that it fails if the "UID" already exists(Which we have working)and displays a message on the screen saying "UID already exists" or similar.

Any ideas?
This is what we have modified within the standard identity policy believing it would set and display our error message:

tf = IdentityPolicy.userIDExists(baseidentity, true, false);
if (!tf) {
return baseidentity;
} else {
error.setMessage("ID not unique");
return error;
}
}
return createIdentity();
Updated on 2010-11-18T02:52:54Z at 2010-11-18T02:52:54Z by ian_lloyd@health.gov.au
  • Tamala.Love
    Tamala.Love
    1 Post

Re: Tivoli Identity manager 5.1 "Identity Policy - create user"

‏2010-10-26T02:19:35Z  
    ian_lloyd@healt... wrote:
    Hi All

We have modified the standard Identity policy and for the most part it works perfectly.

When we create a user that already exists as a "person record" (we are checking UID) it fails(Which is what we want)but we get a built in error message called "An error has occurred if the problem persists contact your system administrator". (NOTE: We don't want to add a numerically number to UID if it exists.)

What we want is when you click submit when creating a new person that it fails if the "UID" already exists(Which we have working)and displays a message on the screen saying "UID already exists" or similar.

Any ideas?

This is what we have modified within the standard identity policy believing it would set and display our error message:

if (!tf) {
    return baseidentity;
    } else {
    return error;
    }
    }
    return createIdentity();

Have you solved the problem? I've got the same problem, I've been always concerned about it, Thanks very much! Could you give more details?
  • ian_lloyd@health.gov.au
    4 Posts

Re: Tivoli Identity manager 5.1 "Identity Policy - create user"

‏2010-11-18T02:52:54Z  
    ian_lloyd@healt... wrote:
    Hi All

When we create a user that already exists as a "person record" (we are checking UID) it fails(Which is what we want)but we get a built in error message called "An error has occurred if the problem persists contact your system administrator". (NOTE: We don't want to add a numerically number to UID if it exists.)

Any ideas?

if (!tf) {
    return baseidentity;
    } else {
    return error;
    }
    }
    return createIdentity();

Have you solved the problem? I've got the same problem, I've been always concerned about it, Thanks very much! Could you give more details?
    Hi

No I have not currently solved this problem.
    It appears it is a one way push from the form to the Identity policy therefore the data is gone before you get a chance to evaluate it and stop the request. I was informed by an authoritative source that you can't do it this way, and that you should rely on good data coming in from a feed or another front end that you can customize your own messages in.

I have a workshop with a different authoritative source in December, I will post anything further I find.

And I understand your concern!!!!

Cheers