Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-08-09T20:21:30Z by JCanipe
JCanipe
JCanipe
88 Posts

Pinned topic Retrieving single page files concurrently

‏2010-07-30T14:05:43Z |
Currently running IICE 8.4. We have a FileNet IS repository that, back in the day, stored single page tiff files instead of multipage tiff files. This means that if "n" number of pages exist for a report, we have to perform "n" GetNative requests to get all of the pages. I am trying to architect a solution to retrieve these pages for a GetNative request that does not consist of "n" single serial requests. Naturally a multithreaded solution comes to mind. My two inital solutions are to: (a) at the API layer, perform concurrent "content.getNativeContentOfPage(n)" requests. (b) at the SPI layer, extend the "getNativeContent(...) method of my FileNet connector and let it perform several requests concurrently by calling the "super.getNativeContent(...)" method via multiple threads. This may open the door for connector threadsafety issues.
Comments?
Updated on 2010-08-09T20:21:30Z at 2010-08-09T20:21:30Z by JCanipe
  • JCanipe
    JCanipe
    88 Posts

Re: Retrieving single page files concurrently

‏2010-07-30T14:22:02Z  
    I realize this question is only touching on two possible solutions. There are potential threadsafety concerns in both approaches. For example, in option "a", the "content" object would need to be threadsafe. Otherwise, I may need "n" number of "content" objects. In option "b", there may be issues with the limit of communication "pipes" that can be used for the FileNet connector to talk with the repository.
    Anyway, this is my starting point.
  • JCanipe
    JCanipe
    88 Posts

Re: Retrieving single page files concurrently

‏2010-08-09T20:21:30Z  
    After extensive research, I have decided to take the path of extending my ISRA connector and overriding the getNativeContent(...) and getRepoItem(...) methods to perform serial retrieval of these pages. So far it is working great.