Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-02-05T18:10:52Z by SystemAdmin
ArtK
ArtK
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic [RSA] MQ errors w/WAS 7.0 test environment

‏2010-07-02T23:47:38Z |
I have a program that references some MQ classes, such as MQQueueConnectionFactory and MQTopicConnectionFactory. It's in a utility project that includes the WAS runtime.

When using the WAS 6.1 runtime, there was no problem with referencing the MQ classes. However, when switching to the WAS 7.0 runtime, I get the following error from RSA:
The type com.ibm.msg.client.jms.JmsQueueConnectionFactory cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

Is this a configuration problem on my part?

----
Further detail:

The com.ibm.msg.client.jms.JmsQueueConnectionFactory class is an implemented interface of MQQueueConnectionFactory (per the MQ 7.0 documentation.) I have found that class defined in a JAR file (com.ibm.msg.client.jms.jar) in ${ECLIPSE_HOME}/runtimes/base_v7/installedConnectors/wmq.jmsra.rar. If I look at the WAS 7.0 runtime library in my project, the public MQ JAR files (com.ibm.mq.jar and com.ibm.mqjms.jar) are also being taken from that same RAR, but aren't being exposed.

RSA Version: 7.5.4
WAS 7.0 Test Environment 7.0.0.9 Update 1 (latest available.)
Updated on 2013-02-05T18:10:52Z at 2013-02-05T18:10:52Z by SystemAdmin
  • VenkatYadavalli
    VenkatYadavalli
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [RSA] MQ errors w/WAS 7.0 test environment

‏2010-12-21T13:36:33Z  in response to ArtK
    Hello

Can you please let me know if you found any resolution to this problem, I face the same issue, it would be great help if you can share me the resolution.

Thanks in advance.
    vyadavalli.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      14225 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [RSA] MQ errors w/WAS 7.0 test environment

‏2013-02-05T18:10:52Z  in response to VenkatYadavalli
      Hi, I had the same issue. I couldn't find a solution online after searching in different ways. Hopefully this is of help to someone.
      I found that the MQQueueConnection in the com.ibm.mqjms.jar under <your path to websphere install dir>IBM\SDP\runtimes\base_v7\installedConnectors\wmq.jmsra.rar implements JmsQueueConnection interface. But JmsQueueConnection is not provided in the jar file mentioned above. So I downloaded the mqjms jar from http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/c/Downloadcomibmmqjmsjar.htm and added the same to the classpath. Fyi, i'm using RAD7.5 and WAS7.0.

Thanks