Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-30T21:19:14Z by misty005
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
403 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Trial version problem

‏2010-07-01T22:03:11Z |
I am just at the beginning stages of trying to identify a short list of vulnerabilty scanners. I downloaded the trial version of AppScan, but unfortunately it is constrained to a canned test web site. This will not give us an idea on how this product will do against our legacy application, which is large. But worse, the default scan of the test web site did not turn up any vulnerabilites. Is there some kind of tutorial or walkthru on what to run and what to look for?
Updated on 2013-02-07T21:17:55Z at 2013-02-07T21:17:55Z by warrenm1
  • bbrazeau
    bbrazeau
    148 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Trial version problem

‏2010-07-05T22:28:51Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Can you tell me where you are located? If so, I can get the contact details from our sales department to provide you with a trial license so that you would be able to scan your own application.

As for setting up the demo site, go through the configuration wizard, set the starting URL as demo.testfire.net, record a login (username: jsmith , password: demo1234) and leave all the other settings as their default. You should be able to then perform a scan (Scan > Full Scan) successfully.

-B
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      403 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-04T20:58:56Z  in response to bbrazeau
      I am having a similiar issue - but I can't even scan the test site - says "The current license does not allow this scan or part of it."

In the AppScan Log -

No license for host: demo.testfire.net
      This is the trial app, so there is no license key? I would really love to trial it on either that test site or a micro-project that I have created to test the security scanning before purchasing licenses.

Please help!
      • warrenm1
        warrenm1
        224 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-02-07T21:17:55Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Hi

There should be a trial license boxed with the product, what do you see if you go to Help/Licenses?
        If there is one there its possible your system isn't resolving the host on the license check. Try via ip:
        http://65.61.137.117/

Regards,
        • This reply was deleted by misty005 2013-05-30T21:19:38Z. Reason for deletion: Its mistake.