Topic
  • 16 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-12-07T18:02:47Z by frowe
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
462 Posts

Pinned topic IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta

‏2010-07-01T19:42:48Z |
The WebSphere Application Server development team is very pleased to announce the availability of the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta today.

In addition to support for the Windows and Linux platforms, which were available in the V8.0 Alpha in March, our V8.0 Beta includes support for the AIX, z/OS and Linux for System z, HP-UX and Solaris operating systems.

The V8.0 Beta builds upon the capabilities of the V8.0 Alpha, expanding the support of key portions of the Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 specifications, and continuing to enhance the developer and administrator productivity. The "What is New in this Release" section of the InfoCenter identifies all of the features available in our V8.0 Beta, as well as explicitly highlighting the new features since the V8.0 Alpha:

This V8.0 Beta forum is a valuable connection between WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta users and the WebSphere Application Server development team. WebSphere architects, designers, engineers, testers, information developers, and user experience professionals participate in this forum, discussing new features, learning about your experiences with all aspects of the product, and answering your questions. We're looking forward to hearing from you about your experiences with the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta.

We will continue to have Feature Focus Weeks, as we did in the V8.0 Alpha, where we focus on a particular feature in the V8.0 Beta. In each Feature Focus Week, the development team will start a thread on the forum to initiate discussions about a new or expanded feature in the V8.0 Beta, and will then culminate with a 'Reflections' interactive session where you can ask questions and provide feedback to the development team about that feature. We've found this experience valuable during the V8.0 Alpha, and would welcome your suggestions for new or repeat Feature Focus Week content during the V8.0 Beta.

If you haven't yet been a part of these interactive sessions with our development teams, and you are interested in doing so, we'd love to include you in our WebSphere Customer Experience Program (CEP). A quick email to cepatusdotibmdotcom can get that started.

Many more details about the Beta program, including how to download the product, and more information about the CEP program can be found on the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta home page.

We're excited to continue learning about your experiences with the IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta in this forum.

Enjoy!

Dana Price
Release Architect
Updated on 2010-12-07T18:02:47Z at 2010-12-07T18:02:47Z by frowe
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

Re: IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta

‏2010-07-01T21:01:24Z  
    Pardon the interruption, but we've encountered a problem with the product download actions on our Beta website. We're hoping for resolution shortly, and I'll post an update as soon as it's back.

Stay tuned.

Dana
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2010-07-01T22:37:18Z  
    Pardon the interruption, but we've encountered a problem with the product download actions on our Beta website. We're hoping for resolution shortly, and I'll post an update as soon as it's back.

Stay tuned.

Dana
    Dana:

Can IBM Business Partners participate in the feedback program for WAS 8.0? I work for a Premier Business Partner of IBM (MSI Systems Integrators) and work very extensively on WebSphere platform and use it very frequently in the field with various IBM's & my company's customers.

I would like to participate in this program. My official email ID is aaggarwalatmsiinetdotcom. Can you please suggest the process by which I can get started into it?

Business Integration / SOA Architect
    Ashish Aggarwal
    http://blog.ashish-aggarwal.com Middleware, SOA & WebSphere blog
  • Steve_Monroe
    Steve_Monroe
    3 Posts

‏2010-07-02T19:31:34Z  
    Ashish, yes, IBM Business Partners (as well as any interested users/partners) can participate in our interactive feedback sessions with our development teams. These interactive sessions are run by our WebSphere Customer Experience Program (CEP). To get started, all you need to do is send an email to cepatusdotibmdotcom and you will be contacted.

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to your feedback!

Steve Monroe (V8 Release Management)
  • GeokHoon
    GeokHoon
    2 Posts

‏2010-07-06T03:56:12Z  
    Ashish, yes, IBM Business Partners (as well as any interested users/partners) can participate in our interactive feedback sessions with our development teams. These interactive sessions are run by our WebSphere Customer Experience Program (CEP). To get started, all you need to do is send an email to cepatusdotibmdotcom and you will be contacted.

Thanks for your interest and looking forward to your feedback!

Steve Monroe (V8 Release Management)
    Hi Steve,
    We are an extensive user of WAS platform, we plan to upgrade to WAS V7.0 end of this year. Like to know whether V8 will be GA anytime soon? If the GA date is next half to one year, we may want to wait for the new version.

Thanks
    Geok Hoon
  • Steve_Monroe
    Steve_Monroe
    3 Posts

‏2010-07-06T16:12:33Z  
    Hi Geok, thanks for your question. As you may know, our general disclaimer is "product plans referenced on this forum may change at any time at IBM’s sole discretion, and are not intended to be a commitment to future product or feature availability. All statements regarding IBM future direction, plans, product names or intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice and represent goals and objectives only. All information is provided on an as is basis, without any warranty of any kind".

Given the above, we cannot discuss product plans on this forum as it relates to the general availability of new features that we plan to officially support. To obtain information on our WAS V8 product plans, my suggestion is for you to work directly with your IBM account rep. You can also join our Customer Experience Program (CEP) where your company will sign a nondisclosure agreement, and additional release planning info could then be provided. To join the CEP, you can send a note to CEPatusdotibmdotcom. For further information on the IBM WebSphere CEP, see the following link on our WAS V8 alpha web site: https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/websphere/wsasoa/other.shtml

Thanks, Steve Monroe

WAS V8 Release Management
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2010-07-06T18:32:36Z  
    Hi Geok, thanks for your question. As you may know, our general disclaimer is "product plans referenced on this forum may change at any time at IBM’s sole discretion, and are not intended to be a commitment to future product or feature availability. All statements regarding IBM future direction, plans, product names or intent are subject to change or withdrawal without notice and represent goals and objectives only. All information is provided on an as is basis, without any warranty of any kind".

Given the above, we cannot discuss product plans on this forum as it relates to the general availability of new features that we plan to officially support. To obtain information on our WAS V8 product plans, my suggestion is for you to work directly with your IBM account rep. You can also join our Customer Experience Program (CEP) where your company will sign a nondisclosure agreement, and additional release planning info could then be provided. To join the CEP, you can send a note to CEPatusdotibmdotcom. For further information on the IBM WebSphere CEP, see the following link on our WAS V8 alpha web site: https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/websphere/wsasoa/other.shtml

Thanks, Steve Monroe

Would there be similar website for WPS and WMB and WMQ and WSRR
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2010-07-06T22:56:46Z  

Stay tuned.

Dana
    We're back!

We're glad to report that the WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta download site is now ready to serve you, and we're looking forward to your downloading the product and giving us your feedback.

Find out all about the Beta and download your copy now from the Beta website.

> {quote:title=danap wrote:}{quote}
    > Pardon the interruption, but we've encountered a problem with the product download actions on our Beta website. We're hoping for resolution shortly, and I'll post an update as soon as it's back.
    >
    > Stay tuned.
    >
    > Dana
  • GeokHoon
    GeokHoon
    2 Posts

‏2010-07-08T08:16:42Z  

Thanks, Steve Monroe

Thanks for your reply Steve.
  • BarryF
    BarryF
    19 Posts

‏2010-07-09T21:44:07Z  
    Would there be similar website for WPS and WMB and WMQ and WSRR
    Hello,

For open WebSphere Beta programs, you can reference the following page:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/websphere.shtml

To learn more about these programs, including closed programs, please contact your account representative for further information or request to participate in an early program via the IBM software early programs interest form:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swgepi

Regards,
    Barry Foster
    WebSphere Development Manager
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2010-07-13T12:16:58Z  
    • BarryF
    • ‏2010-07-09T21:44:07Z
    Hello,

For open WebSphere Beta programs, you can reference the following page:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/iwm/web/cc/earlyprograms/websphere.shtml

To learn more about these programs, including closed programs, please contact your account representative for further information or request to participate in an early program via the IBM software early programs interest form:
    https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/preLogin.do?lang=en_US&source=swgepi

Regards,
    Barry Foster
    WebSphere Development Manager
    Hello,

While installing WAS Base v8.0 on windows using offline version it keeps asking about disk2 while it is not found in the extracted files of the three zip files i downloaded from mentioned site?

Regards,
    Ahmed
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    462 Posts

‏2010-07-13T19:50:12Z  
    Hello,

While installing WAS Base v8.0 on windows using offline version it keeps asking about disk2 while it is not found in the extracted files of the three zip files i downloaded from mentioned site?

Regards,
    Ahmed
    Ahmed,

I have created a new thread disk 2 not found - local installation scenario to continue discussion on the issue you have encountered installing The WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Beta

Aaron Coady
    IBM WebSphere Application Server Install Lead
  • stlguy
    stlguy
    2 Posts

Upgrading from Websphere 7.0.0.11 to Websphere 8

‏2010-10-20T15:27:26Z  
    Hi
    I have a Windows XP machine running a bundled version of RASD 7.5 with Websphere 7.0.0.11.
    Is it possible to upgrade to Websphere 8 by simply 'overwriting' or 'replacing' 7.0.0.11?
  • stlguy
    stlguy
    2 Posts

Upgrading from Websphere 7.0.0.11 to Websphere 8

‏2010-10-20T15:27:43Z  
    Hi
    I have a Windows XP machine running a bundled version of RAD 7.5 with Websphere 7.0.0.11.
    Is it possible to upgrade to Websphere 8 by simply 'overwriting' or 'replacing' 7.0.0.11?
  • ykchang
    ykchang
    27 Posts

Re: Upgrading from Websphere 7.0.0.11 to Websphere 8

‏2010-10-25T13:50:52Z  
    • stlguy
    • ‏2010-10-20T15:27:43Z
    Hi
    I have a Windows XP machine running a bundled version of RAD 7.5 with Websphere 7.0.0.11.
    Hello,

I created a new thread and posted a reply. Please take a look and let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you,
    Yee-Kang Chang
    WebSphere Install Development
  • BalajiMadala
    BalajiMadala
    1 Post

‏2010-12-07T16:12:51Z  
    Dana Price,

Where can I find BINARIES for WebSphere Application Server v8.0 and WebSphere Network Deployment Manager V8.0 of Beta Version for AIX 64-bit.
    Please keep me posted the URL for the same in which I can install and our suggest team for further Migration of WebSphere.

~Balaji
  • frowe
    frowe
    9 Posts

‏2010-12-07T18:02:47Z  
    Dana Price,

Where can I find BINARIES for WebSphere Application Server v8.0 and WebSphere Network Deployment Manager V8.0 of Beta Version for AIX 64-bit.
    Please keep me posted the URL for the same in which I can install and our suggest team for further Migration of WebSphere.

~Balaji
    Balaji,

You can find the download page by following the URL in Dana's original post, selecting the Download tab and then clicking on the link titled "Web installation using IBM Installation Manager (recommended)" You can access the download page directly from https://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/iwm/web/reg/download.do?source=swerpws-wsasoa-3&S_PKG=web&lang=en_US&cp=UTF-8
    and select whether to download via DownloadDirector or http. From there you will download the IBM Installation Manager for AIX and it will then guide you to install the AIX 64-bit WAS beta.

Fred Rowe
    WebSphere Architect