Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-01T14:13:30Z by Don Benson - CM SWAT Team
ArtK
ArtK
4 Posts

Pinned topic Skipping individual files in an analysis

‏2010-06-29T20:00:20Z |
Is it possible to mark individual files to be skipped in analysis, or can that only be done at the project level? We have some projects with some old generated code checked in that fail our tests. For many reasons, it's not worth fixing the issues, but we can't skip the entire project.
Updated on 2011-08-01T14:13:30Z at 2011-08-01T14:13:30Z by Don Benson - CM SWAT Team
  • ScottN
    ScottN
    20 Posts

Re: Skipping individual files in an analysis

‏2010-06-30T12:57:18Z  
    Could you elaborate on what it is you are atempting to do?
  • ArtK
    ArtK
    4 Posts

‏2010-06-30T21:08:10Z  
    • ScottN
    • ‏2010-06-30T12:57:18Z
    Could you elaborate on what it is you are atempting to do?
    I've got a project, say com.artk.mystuff. In that project there are 20 files. I want to do static code review, but only on 15 of those files. And that's all I ever want to review. The other 5 I'd like to skip every time I run the static review. Short of putting them in a different project and not analyzing that project, is there anything that I can do?
  • MattM.
    MattM.
    1 Post

‏2011-02-14T19:47:11Z  
    • ArtK
    • ‏2010-06-30T21:08:10Z
    I've got a project, say com.artk.mystuff. In that project there are 20 files. I want to do static code review, but only on 15 of those files. And that's all I ever want to review. The other 5 I'd like to skip every time I run the static review. Short of putting them in a different project and not analyzing that project, is there anything that I can do?
    I have the exact same question, so I'm reviving this thread... Can someone provide any information? I need a way to mark certain directories/packages and files to be ignored by RASR.

To give you more context: We're using Process Server 7.0, as such we're using WID, which generates a lot of code that we don't want analyzed. We also have some of our own generated code which we don't want analyzed. Is there any way to specify the directories and/or files to ignore?

Thanks!
    -Matt
  • Don Benson - CM SWAT Team
    2 Posts

‏2011-08-01T13:53:03Z  
    Bump! I have cases where the rule is not specific enough and hence gives a false positive. I would like a way to ignore this in the future. In my case , on a per line in a file basis. How is this to be done in general, using RSA? This seems to be a common feature that would somehow be designed into the product. Use fixit somehow? Use the history somehow? I understand how this may be implementation specific but need to know what is possible.
  • Don Benson - CM SWAT Team
    2 Posts

‏2011-08-01T14:13:30Z  
    Bump! I have cases where the rule is not specific enough and hence gives a false positive. I would like a way to ignore this in the future. In my case , on a per line in a file basis. How is this to be done in general, using RSA? This seems to be a common feature that would somehow be designed into the product. Use fixit somehow? Use the history somehow? I understand how this may be implementation specific but need to know what is possible.
    I am seeing the use of a comment //$ANALYSIS-IGNORE full.name.rule1, full.name.rule2,
    full.name.rule3 as one method to skip individual rules on a per line per file basis. Are there others? I believe this is available for Java analysis, but have not yet seen this myself. If so, can these features be copied into another project that is parsing a different language? (ie. javascript)