Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-06-30T15:46:15Z by yangling
Sharihs
Sharihs
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Cognos Transformer 7.x - Cube build

‏2010-06-29T18:59:02Z |
Hi,

I am new to Cognos and hence do not have much idea about cubes. Please advise how can i go about achieving what i need.

We have cubes built using transformer 7.x and the data being accessed from SQL server database which is a production database. Now i need to use the same cubes to be pointed to Development database so that when i build the cube it fetches data from development database. What all are the things i need to change before i can achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

~Sharath
Updated on 2010-06-30T15:46:15Z at 2010-06-30T15:46:15Z by yangling
  • yangling
    yangling
    38 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cognos Transformer 7.x - Cube build

‏2010-06-30T15:17:53Z  in response to Sharihs
    Backup your original IQD files for PROD. Just open the IQD files in notepad to modify the IQD files that were generated again PROD DB to ensure they are now pointed to DEV DB (if the database catalog for DEV is different than PROD). Then use the modified IQD files in DEV to build your cube.

Another way is do it from within Impromptu Admin on DEV since the database is set in Impromptu Admin. Modify the catalog in Impromptu so it points to the new database on DEV, resave the IQD and then rebuild the cube in Transformer on DEV.
  • yangling
    yangling
    38 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cognos Transformer 7.x - Cube build

‏2010-06-30T15:46:15Z  in response to Sharihs
    Remember we can manually create IQD files without using Impromptu Admin. I attached a PDF file from which you can better understand the purpose and use of the IQD...

Attachments