• 17 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-12-29T02:39:08Z by Mittal1985
reachman_2009
reachman_2009
2 Posts

Pinned topic WID 7.0 Installation Error

‏2010-06-25T12:15:05Z |
Hi All,
I am facing some error while installing WID7.0 using IBM Installation Manager. In this version Installation manager offers three parts 1) Websphere Integration Developer 2) Wesbphere Applcation Server 3) Websphere Test Environemnt. We need to install all three seperatly.

I have done 1. WID installation successfully.
When i click 2. Install Webpshere Test Environment after all steps before start the installation It showing the below error
"Packages IBM Websphere Process Server 7.0.0.0 and IBM Webpshere Integration Developer 7.0.0.0 cannot coexist in the same package group."
But i have followed the same steps explained in Installation document. Like moved all the folders into same folder and have given different folder stucture for Installation Directory & Shared Resource Directory. Package Group Name is "IBM Websphere Integration Developer".

Any idea why i am getting this error? Thanks in advance.
Updated on 2012-12-29T02:39:08Z at 2012-12-29T02:39:08Z by Mittal1985
  • RajuJ
    RajuJ
    6 Posts

Re: WID 7.0 Installation Error

‏2010-06-29T12:44:42Z  
    Hi,
    If you have uninstalled your older version, then make sure to remove the registries in "regedit".
  • MuneerJahangeer
    MuneerJahangeer
    5 Posts

‏2010-07-22T06:09:04Z  
    • RajuJ
    • ‏2010-06-29T12:44:42Z
    Hi,
    If you have uninstalled your older version, then make sure to remove the registries in "regedit".
    I am also facing the same issue (reachman ). Please help me on this.
  • JaspreetSingh
    JaspreetSingh
    4 Posts

‏2010-07-22T06:43:39Z  
    This happens usually when you select the default path provided for installing WID.

When installing change it to C:\IBM from C:\ProgramFiles....

You should be able to avoid this error once you change the default path.
  • MuneerJahangeer
    MuneerJahangeer
    5 Posts

‏2010-07-22T06:55:03Z  
    This happens usually when you select the default path provided for installing WID.

When installing change it to C:\IBM from C:\ProgramFiles....

You should be able to avoid this error once you change the default path.
    Thanks for you reply...

Yes, I changed to C:\Program files from C:\IBM..

Here are the steps, i have followed.

1. Installed IBM Installtion Manager
    2. Installed Websphere Integration Developer.
    3. Installed Websphere Application server using below command line (which i taken from process exp)
    setup.jar -silent -OPT silentInstallLicenseAcceptance=true -OPT allowNonRootSilentInstall=true -OPT disableOSPrereqChecking=true -OPT disableNonBlockingPrereqChecking=true -OPT installType=installNew -OPT profileType=none -OPT feature=samplesSelected -OPT feature=languagepack.console.all -OPT feature=languagepack.server.all -OPT installLocation="C:\Program Files\ibm\WID7_WTE/runtimes/bi_v7"
    4. I tried installing TEST ENVIRONMENT, it doesn't allow me install and throws me an error "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group"

Even, i tried using below command line, but no luck.

install.exe -ws win32 -os win32 -arch x86 -accessRights admin --launcher.library "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090306-1900" -startup "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20090520.jar" -accessRights admin -input @osgi.install.area\install.xml -input "D:\Media\WID7.0\WTE_Disk\IM_win32\post-install.xml" -vm "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\jre_5.0.3.sr8a_20080811b\jre\bin\j9vm\jvm.dll" -vmargs "-Dcic.agentRelaunched=D:\Media\WID7.0\WTE_Disk\IM_win32" installLocation="C:\Program Files\ibm\WID7_Test" -Xquickstart -Xgcpolicy:gencon

Kindly help me on this.
  • JaspreetSingh
    JaspreetSingh
    4 Posts

‏2010-07-22T06:58:02Z  
    Thanks for you reply...

Yes, I changed to C:\Program files from C:\IBM..

Here are the steps, i have followed.

1. Installed IBM Installtion Manager
    2. Installed Websphere Integration Developer.
    3. Installed Websphere Application server using below command line (which i taken from process exp)
    setup.jar -silent -OPT silentInstallLicenseAcceptance=true -OPT allowNonRootSilentInstall=true -OPT disableOSPrereqChecking=true -OPT disableNonBlockingPrereqChecking=true -OPT installType=installNew -OPT profileType=none -OPT feature=samplesSelected -OPT feature=languagepack.console.all -OPT feature=languagepack.server.all -OPT installLocation="C:\Program Files\ibm\WID7_WTE/runtimes/bi_v7"
    4. I tried installing TEST ENVIRONMENT, it doesn't allow me install and throws me an error "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group"

Even, i tried using below command line, but no luck.

install.exe -ws win32 -os win32 -arch x86 -accessRights admin --launcher.library "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090306-1900" -startup "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.200.v20090520.jar" -accessRights admin -input @osgi.install.area\install.xml -input "D:\Media\WID7.0\WTE_Disk\IM_win32\post-install.xml" -vm "C:\Program Files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse\jre_5.0.3.sr8a_20080811b\jre\bin\j9vm\jvm.dll" -vmargs "-Dcic.agentRelaunched=D:\Media\WID7.0\WTE_Disk\IM_win32" installLocation="C:\Program Files\ibm\WID7_Test" -Xquickstart -Xgcpolicy:gencon

Kindly help me on this.
    You need to change it to C:\IBM and no tthe other way around, your root folder for WID should go into C:\IBM
  • MuneerJahangeer
    MuneerJahangeer
    5 Posts

‏2010-07-22T07:15:48Z  
    You need to change it to C:\IBM and no tthe other way around, your root folder for WID should go into C:\IBM
    Do you have a command line to change the Installtion directory for Websphere Test Environment?
  • JaspreetSingh
    JaspreetSingh
    4 Posts

‏2010-07-22T07:22:00Z  
    Do you have a command line to change the Installtion directory for Websphere Test Environment?
    no i dont have it , you wil have to unistall wid first and the re install it again, i know it takes some time but it is the best way forward
  • MuneerJahangeer
    MuneerJahangeer
    5 Posts

‏2010-07-22T09:13:13Z  
    no i dont have it , you wil have to unistall wid first and the re install it again, i know it takes some time but it is the best way forward
    Thank you for your time jas...
  • MuneerJahangeer
    MuneerJahangeer
    5 Posts

‏2010-07-22T13:22:46Z  
    Thank you for your time jas...
    Later on researching the issue, I finally found a solution for "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group".

Issue Faced:

I installed All the pre-reqs (Installation Manager, Integration Developer and Application Server) in my machine.

Later I tried installing Test Environment, it has allowed upto the License agreement. After that, it throws an error "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group"

Problem:

Package Group name contain only IBM WEBSPHERE INTEGRATION SERVER BUT NOT APPLICATION SERVER. (we need both in the package group name)

Solution:

1. Open the shortcut "IBM Installtion Manager"
    2. Click "Install" Icon, select next -> click Repository link
    3. It will take you to the repository page.
    4. Add the repository.config file from ..\WID7.0\WTE_Disk\repository.
    5. Add another repository.config file from C:\program files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse
    6. Click Test connection for successfull connection.
    7. Exit and Click import Icon.
    8. Select the default directory location to C:\program files\ibm\WID7_WTE\runtimes\bi_v7.
    9. Click next and import it.
    10. Now, you can able to install Websphere Test Environment without any issue.
  • devSakthi
    devSakthi
    5 Posts

‏2010-09-08T07:42:37Z  
    Later on researching the issue, I finally found a solution for "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group".

Issue Faced:

I installed All the pre-reqs (Installation Manager, Integration Developer and Application Server) in my machine.

Later I tried installing Test Environment, it has allowed upto the License agreement. After that, it throws an error "IBM webshpere process server and ibm websphere integration developer cannot coexist in the same package group"

Problem:

Package Group name contain only IBM WEBSPHERE INTEGRATION SERVER BUT NOT APPLICATION SERVER. (we need both in the package group name)

Solution:

5. Add another repository.config file from C:\program files\ibm\Installation Manager\eclipse
    8. Select the default directory location to C:\program files\ibm\WID7_WTE\runtimes\bi_v7.
    Hi,

I have installed the WID7, after that when I tried to install the Application Server through launchpad, progress bar is keep on running only.
    But i did not get any error message as well as successful message also.
    How can i install the application server before installing the TestEnvironment. Kindly help me on this.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6089 Posts

‏2010-09-11T02:57:09Z  
    • devSakthi
    • ‏2010-09-08T07:42:37Z
    Hi,

I have installed the WID7, after that when I tried to install the Application Server through launchpad, progress bar is keep on running only.
    But i did not get any error message as well as successful message also.
    How can i install the application server before installing the TestEnvironment. Kindly help me on this.
    devSakthi , when you install app server, progress bar does not not move. after some time it will say success message. You can see a note saying "progress bar will not move" down the progress it self when you install.
  • soorajiyer
    soorajiyer
    1 Post

‏2010-09-13T09:56:00Z  

Issue Faced:

Problem:

Solution:

Thanks muneerjahangeer. Your steps solved the issue for us!
  • devSakthi
    devSakthi
    5 Posts

‏2010-09-16T03:15:40Z  
    devSakthi , when you install app server, progress bar does not not move. after some time it will say success message. You can see a note saying "progress bar will not move" down the progress it self when you install.
    Hi Sag Muru

Thanks for your response. But i did not get any success message or failure messages. The launchpad with progression bar window is in same status.How can I confirm that AppServer is installed in that case. Because after 4 to 5 hrs when tried to install the process server through installation manager its showing Websphere Integration Developer and Webspher process server cannot coexist same package group. Please help me in this.
  • ashisbx
    ashisbx
    5 Posts

‏2011-01-20T00:29:50Z  

Issue Faced:

Problem:

Solution:

Thanks a lot MuneerJahangeer for the valuable information.
    I was stuck up with the same issue until I read ur comments.
    Also during my research I found that this is the Ist troubleshooting point mentioned IBM Infocenter for WID 7.0.
    Check this out: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbit.help.inst.doc/topics/t_trouble.html
  • HY47_Michelle_Bhaal
    HY47_Michelle_Bhaal
    1 Post

‏2011-05-23T01:43:09Z  

Issue Faced:

Problem:

Solution:

This doesn't work for me. I get an error saying that the repository for the Installation Manager is not connected.
    The following repositories are not connected:

-C:\work\bin\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse

Repository expected to be an install package for Installation Manager, but repository property RequireContext does not contain expected value:
    RequireContext=InstallKit:im.version=<display version of installable IM>, im.internal.version=<internal version of IM> , admin=<admin install command>, user=<user install command>.

Attempting the import anyway I get a message saying that the directory has already been imported so the final Import button is never activated.

The installation of the Test Environment still fails with the same error.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    6089 Posts

‏2011-11-08T22:45:17Z  
    This doesn't work for me. I get an error saying that the repository for the Installation Manager is not connected.
    The following repositories are not connected:

-C:\work\bin\IBM\Installation Manager\eclipse

Repository expected to be an install package for Installation Manager, but repository property RequireContext does not contain expected value:
    RequireContext=InstallKit:im.version=<display version of installable IM>, im.internal.version=<internal version of IM> , admin=<admin install command>, user=<user install command>.

Attempting the import anyway I get a message saying that the directory has already been imported so the final Import button is never activated.

The installation of the Test Environment still fails with the same error.
    Have you tried the trouble shooting page, mentioned by ashisbx?
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/dmndhelp/v7r0mx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbit.help.inst.doc/topics/t_trouble.html

I got the same issue, fixed it by importing the WAS installation.

basically, if you have got WAS installed correctly, then you need

"Open the Installation Manager from the Start Menu, select Import and work through the Installation Manager GUI to import WebSphere Application Server."

After that, you should be able to install process server within the WAS package group.
  • Mittal1985
    Mittal1985
    9 Posts

‏2012-12-29T02:39:08Z  
    Hi All

In addition to what Jahangir has suggested, I followed below steps to resolve this error.
    First, make sure you have installed Installation Manager,WID and WAS. WAS can be separately installed using install.exe present in ..\WTE_Disk\WAS_Win32\WAS.

After this, open Installation manager,click on import. Give installation directory path as the path where you ave installed the WAS. probably it will be C:\IBM\WebSphere\AppServer

Now follow the steps what jahangir has mentioned i.e. give the path of repository.config in installation manager and then go ahead with installation. It should solve the problem.

Cheers