Topic
  • 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-11T20:24:50Z by --Craig
rotmos
rotmos
4 Posts

Pinned topic Mysterious plugin

‏2010-06-24T08:25:05Z |
I am running Director 6.2 and it needs a plugin for a switch it seems. However it's name in not a name but a bunch of numbers: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.592.

Google reveals that this is an "Object Identifier" for a MIB "Object Name" related to ciscoIGESM.

Does anyone have a clue what to do with this? I can't find any plugin with this "name" to download.
Updated on 2010-06-27T04:44:48Z at 2010-06-27T04:44:48Z by SystemAdmin
  • TimOK
    TimOK
    16 Posts

Re: Mysterious plugin

‏2010-06-24T19:07:36Z  
    The plug-in refers to a vendor plugin for the switch. Follow 'Welcome Page' -> BladeCenter and System x Manageement --> Setup required for I/O module plug-ins, click 'Download Plug-ins' button and you should see vendor plug-ins for Director. The oid indicates the model is a cisco switch.
  • rotmos
    rotmos
    4 Posts

‏2010-06-24T20:35:55Z  
    • TimOK
    • ‏2010-06-24T19:07:36Z
    The plug-in refers to a vendor plugin for the switch. Follow 'Welcome Page' -> BladeCenter and System x Manageement --> Setup required for I/O module plug-ins, click 'Download Plug-ins' button and you should see vendor plug-ins for Director. The oid indicates the model is a cisco switch.
    I did that and you end up on this page. There are plugins for Blade Network Technologies, Cisco and Qlogic. But under Cisco there is only one for a "Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module" and the one i have is a "Cisco Systems Intelligent Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module". I did install the Nexus 4001I plugin anyway but that did not help. I suspect a bug of some kind because all other plugins listed in Director have proper names and not this strange sequence of numbers.
  • TimOK
    TimOK
    16 Posts

‏2010-06-25T15:01:21Z  
    • rotmos
    • ‏2010-06-24T20:35:55Z
    I did that and you end up on this page. There are plugins for Blade Network Technologies, Cisco and Qlogic. But under Cisco there is only one for a "Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module" and the one i have is a "Cisco Systems Intelligent Gigabit Ethernet Switch Module". I did install the Nexus 4001I plugin anyway but that did not help. I suspect a bug of some kind because all other plugins listed in Director have proper names and not this strange sequence of numbers.
    Unfortunately it seems that your switch is not supported.
  • TimOK
    TimOK
    16 Posts

‏2010-06-25T15:05:37Z  
    • TimOK
    • ‏2010-06-25T15:01:21Z
    Unfortunately it seems that your switch is not supported.
    Here is the list of supported network devices:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/director/v6r2x/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.director.plan.helps.doc/fqm0_r_support_for_network_devices.html
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    13279 Posts

‏2010-06-27T04:44:48Z  
    • TimOK
    • ‏2010-06-25T15:05:37Z
    Here is the list of supported network devices:
    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/director/v6r2x/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.director.plan.helps.doc/fqm0_r_support_for_network_devices.html
    I wish to clarify some answers.

From the (page) link given above, the Cisco intelligent gigabit Ethernet Switch (igesm) has some THINGS supported and some not.
    The IGESM IS SUPPORTED for alerting <<<<< This is what you wanted.

The IGESM is NOT Supported for configuration management (which is where you found only the one other switch

If you went to ibm, and you searched: igesm and mib

you would find this link to the MIB, which is the "thing" that decodes an OID n.n.n.n.n into meaningful things for an SNMP manager whose job it is to receive an OID and turn it into something meaningful.

click here for Cisco IGESM MIBs
  • bednarzyk
    bednarzyk
    1 Post

‏2013-11-05T17:06:46Z  

Has anyone found a solution to this yet?  I have two plug-ins missing, and following the instructions the IBM director has suggested puts me in an endless loop.  Is there a way to REMOVE these if there are no plugins to download and register in Director?

• --Craig
    --Craig
    16 Posts

‏2013-11-11T20:24:50Z  

Most likely you have a switch for which a plug-in does not exist.