• 12 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-03-27T09:31:03Z by F8XT_Mahesh_Kumar_Tummala
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
3551 Posts

Pinned topic Can't Install Websphere Lombardi Edition 7

‏2010-06-23T01:58:03Z |
Hi

I was unable to find the Websphere Lombardi Edition 7.1.0 , so I'm posting the question on this forum trying to find an answer.

I had downloaded the recently released Websphere Lombardi Edition 7.1.0 (IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1.0 Windows 32 Bit Multilingual (CZID7ML)). I'm trying to install it on a Windows XP SP3 VMWare image for testing.

But I can not pass the installer, once it start to copy the files, It gave me an error saying it can not find the specified path. The installation log it says only that can not find the specified path for a file.

Any hints?

Thanks in Advance.
  • k.below
    k.below
    14 Posts

Re: Can't Install Websphere Lombardi Edition 7

‏2010-06-24T01:54:08Z  
    The lombardi forum can be found after logging in at http://support.lombardi.com/

You will receive better results if you mention the type of install that you are trying to perform (simple or custom) and at which step the install terminates ... and the file that can't be found.

You may also want to browse the documentation at http://www-01.ibm.com/software/integration/lombardi-edition/library/documentation/

Windows XP is not a supported operating system.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3551 Posts

‏2010-06-24T13:54:56Z  
    Thanks for the reply. I just notice that Xp is not supported. I had made a simple install with a Windows 7 Pro VMWare image and it installed without problems.

I'm just running a test to learn and evaluate it. I don't have formal support with Lombardi. It seems that the support site is only for paid customers.

The installer under Windows is very nice. Just one big 1.5GB installer that install everything, was, db2 and lombardi. I wonder why the Process server installer isn't that simple ;)
  • Khaleel
    Khaleel
    1 Post

‏2010-09-07T05:39:01Z  
    Thanks for the reply. I just notice that Xp is not supported. I had made a simple install with a Windows 7 Pro VMWare image and it installed without problems.

I'm just running a test to learn and evaluate it. I don't have formal support with Lombardi. It seems that the support site is only for paid customers.

The installer under Windows is very nice. Just one big 1.5GB installer that install everything, was, db2 and lombardi. I wonder why the Process server installer isn't that simple ;)
    Hi Mr. Fumanchu,

I am trying to learn and evaluate Lombardi. I have downloaded the same version which you have mentioned.
    But my installation fails in windows 7 operating system also with the same path error. Any suggestion on this will be very useful.

Thanks,
    Khaleel
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3551 Posts

‏2010-10-05T18:25:46Z  
    • Khaleel
    • ‏2010-09-07T05:39:01Z
    Hi Mr. Fumanchu,

I am trying to learn and evaluate Lombardi. I have downloaded the same version which you have mentioned.
    But my installation fails in windows 7 operating system also with the same path error. Any suggestion on this will be very useful.

Thanks,
    Khaleel
    Hi,

From where i can download trial version of Websphere Lombardi Edition v7.1
  • Milind Bangar
    Milind Bangar
    1 Post

‏2010-11-23T12:36:42Z  
    Hello,

While installing WLE 7.1 Simple/Express edition, we are getting DB2 error. We are trying to learn the tool.

The following error is coming when installing DB2:
    install-db2:
    echo INSTALLING PROGRESS DB2 START
    unzip Expanding: C:\Documents and Settings\140449\Local Settings\Temp\388892.tmp\db2\db2.express.zip into C:\Documents and Settings\140449\Local Settings\Temp\388892.tmp\db2

BUILD FAILED
    C:\Documents and Settings\140449\Local Settings\Temp\388892.tmp\stage\build-install.xml:245: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    C:\Documents and Settings\140449\Local Settings\Temp\388892.tmp\stage\build-install.xml:530: exec returned: 87

Total time: 13 minutes 58 seconds
    ERROR: IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition installation failed!
    We have Windows XP SP3 machines.

Regards
    Milind
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3551 Posts

‏2010-12-03T17:12:14Z  
    • Khaleel
    • ‏2010-09-07T05:39:01Z
    Hi Mr. Fumanchu,

Thanks,
    Khaleel
    Khaleel, did anyone every answer this. I'm having the same problem, but I've never seen a reply.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    3551 Posts

‏2010-12-03T19:16:39Z  
    Khaleel, did anyone every answer this. I'm having the same problem, but I've never seen a reply.
    Hi,
    try the following:
    Because of how db2 works, it's actually a formal windows user. Try to create a user called wtle with a password of "Lombardi" as a windows user and see if it fails with a password rule failure.
    It might be that the password is not complex enough to meet your password rules.
    Disable the check on Windows if possible during your installation.
    Hope that helps
    Heiko
  • vbk
    vbk
    2 Posts

‏2010-12-22T16:15:18Z  
    Hi,

I am having the same issue. My installation failed with the error

build-install.xml:245: The following error occurred while executing this
    build-install.xml:530: exec returned: 87

How this needs to be resolved?
    Appreciate your help

Thanks
    Balajee Venna
  • ApekshaMaharaj
    ApekshaMaharaj
    1 Post

‏2012-01-10T15:25:21Z  
    • vbk
    • ‏2010-12-22T16:15:18Z
    Hi,

I am having the same issue. My installation failed with the error

build-install.xml:245: The following error occurred while executing this
    build-install.xml:530: exec returned: 87

How this needs to be resolved?
    Appreciate your help

Thanks
    Balajee Venna
    Hi
    I am getting the following error while installing Websphere lombardi 7.1 express edition.
    ERROR: could not find a JRE at C:\Users\Apeksha\AppData\Local\Temp\875511.tmp\was-iip\contrib\7.0.0-WS-WASND\1\WinX32\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\java\jre! Aborting IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition installation.
    My system already has jre. I am attaching the log files for reference.
    Can anyone suggest a solution for this.
  • vatsala
    vatsala
    2 Posts

‏2012-01-11T01:42:43Z  
    Hi
    I am getting the following error while installing Websphere lombardi 7.1 express edition.
    ERROR: could not find a JRE at C:\Users\Apeksha\AppData\Local\Temp\875511.tmp\was-iip\contrib\7.0.0-WS-WASND\1\WinX32\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\java\jre! Aborting IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition installation.
    Hi, I am having the same problem with the 7.2 installation. Has anybody solved this issue? Thanks
  • vatsala
    vatsala
    2 Posts

‏2012-01-11T02:39:01Z  
    Hi
    I was able to resolve the jre issue not found issue by using the 64 bit installer. It appears that Windows 7 needs the 64 bit installation.
  • F8XT_Mahesh_Kumar_Tummala
    1 Post

‏2012-03-27T09:31:03Z  
    • vatsala
    • ‏2012-01-11T02:39:01Z
    I was able to resolve the jre issue not found issue by using the 64 bit installer. It appears that Windows 7 needs the 64 bit installation.
    Hi ,
    The below error is coming when i am trying to install IBM Websphere Lombardi v7.2
    ERROR: could not find a JRE at was-iip\contrib\7.0.0-WS-WASND\1\WinX64\JDK\jre.pak\repository\package.java.jre\java\jre! Aborting IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition installation.

So Please help me to reslove this issue if anybody knows.