Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-09-01T20:18:30Z by SystemAdmin
Rohit_R
Rohit_R
24 Posts

Pinned topic Multiple composites within the same SCA jar possible?

‏2010-06-16T20:18:17Z |
Is it possible to put multiple composites within the same SCA jar? When we put two SCA composite files in the sca-deployables folder, the BLA shows both composites during deployment but when we start the BLA only component from one of the composites seem to be running.
In my example attached below I have one SCA composite containing a component with WS binding and a second SCA composite containing a component with EJB binding. While both seem to be getting deployed by BLA, on startup the component with EJB binding doesn't seem to be running.
Updated on 2011-09-01T20:18:30Z at 2011-09-01T20:18:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    126 Posts

Re: Multiple composites within the same SCA jar possible?

‏2011-09-01T15:13:53Z  
    Rohit probably gave up on getting an answer here, but in case anyone searches this thread.

You can include multiple deployable composites in a single JAR if you reference them via the contribution XML sca-contribution.xml

This is documented here although it isn't entirely clear to me that there's a restriction to only a single composite in the sca-deployables folder.

Still, I would suggest using sca-contribution.xml. Note in this step you must do a separate "add composition unit" to the BLA for each of the deployable composites (or you could choose to only add one or the other).

Scott
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    126 Posts

Re: Multiple composites within the same SCA jar possible?

‏2011-09-01T20:18:30Z  
    Rohit probably gave up on getting an answer here, but in case anyone searches this thread.

You can include multiple deployable composites in a single JAR if you reference them via the contribution XML sca-contribution.xml

This is documented here although it isn't entirely clear to me that there's a restriction to only a single composite in the sca-deployables folder.

Still, I would suggest using sca-contribution.xml. Note in this step you must do a separate "add composition unit" to the BLA for each of the deployable composites (or you could choose to only add one or the other).

Scott
    Multiple Composite within the same SCA jar is definitely possible. As scott mentioned, you can specify multiple composite definition in sca-contribution.xml and create corresponding composites.

During deployment, when Adding assets to the business-level application to create a composition unit, you can choose one or more composite as deployable units.