Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-06-15T13:27:10Z by gilgen
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
102 Posts

Pinned topic migrating sample application from weblogic to websphere

‏2010-06-14T07:51:32Z |
i would like to appreciate you all in advance.i am looking into application migration tool.can i have some sort of application that i can migrate it from weblogic8 to was7 to have a better understanding.which will walk me through from importing the existing weblogic application to eclipse then fixing through app migration tool and deployin,running them in was.
Updated on 2010-06-15T13:27:10Z at 2010-06-15T13:27:10Z by gilgen
  • ahoyt
    ahoyt
    1 Post

Re: migrating sample application from weblogic to websphere

‏2010-06-15T03:10:14Z  
    Thanks for the inquiry and post. I think it would be best if you could tell us what types of attributes your application has, how it was built and so on and then we can provide you with the recommendation for using the tool to help with the actual code migration.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    102 Posts

‏2010-06-15T05:45:57Z  
    • ahoyt
    • ‏2010-06-15T03:10:14Z
    Thanks for the inquiry and post. I think it would be best if you could tell us what types of attributes your application has, how it was built and so on and then we can provide you with the recommendation for using the tool to help with the actual code migration.
    Hi, well the project in hand is supposed to have struts framework.but for practise i want to migrate MedRec application (comes with WL8) to WAS7.please guide me in terms documents ,steps etc.i appreciate ur help.
  • gilgen
    gilgen
    3 Posts

‏2010-06-15T13:27:10Z  
    Hi, well the project in hand is supposed to have struts framework.but for practise i want to migrate MedRec application (comes with WL8) to WAS7.please guide me in terms documents ,steps etc.i appreciate ur help.
    There is some information on how to import application into eclipse in the detailed documentation for the tolkit found here:
    http://download.boulder.ibm.com/ibmdl/pub/software/dw/wes/migrationtoolkit/ApplicationMigrationTool.pdf

For additional information, I would recommend looking at the Web Tools Platform User Guide in the eclipse SDK documentation for how to set up J2EE applications in eclipse, which can be found here:
    http://help.eclipse.org/galileo/index.jsp?nav=/36_1

Once you have the projects set up in eclipse, the detiled toolkit documentation provides step-by-step instructions on how to configure and run the tool.