Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-06-17T21:16:24Z by drdamour
drdamour
drdamour
23 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic ECM Widgets 4.5.1: Custom Action in Toolbar Widget

‏2010-06-07T20:19:01Z |
In ECM Widgets 4.5 i was able to create custom actions in the Toolbar widget, but i don't see any documentation re: how to do this in 4.5.1. I have attempted to send an event payload of type ToolbarAction, but i'm getting strange and non-effective results. There doesn't appear to be any documentation about what the values of the payloads should be beyond the following:

<iw:payloadDef name="ToolbarAction">
<iw:payloadDef name="id" type="string" defaultValue="" description=""/>
<iw:payloadDef name="actionType" type="string" defaultValue="" description=""/>
<iw:payloadDef name="callback" type="any" defaultValue="" description=""/>
</iw:payloadDef>
i'd like to add a menu option with a label that when selected will call a ECMAScript function supplied in the callback property of the payload ala 4.5 mechanics.

any info would be appreciated,

thanks!

---
I am Just a new Boy, A Stranger in this Town, Where are All the Good Times, Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
Updated on 2010-06-17T21:16:24Z at 2010-06-17T21:16:24Z by drdamour
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    25 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: ECM Widgets 4.5.1: Custom Action in Toolbar Widget

‏2010-06-09T14:46:07Z  in response to drdamour
    Hi, do you want to write your own widget to send the ToolbarAction event to Toolbar widget? If so, could you elaborate on your detailed scenario?
    • drdamour
      drdamour
      23 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-09T17:36:18Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Do i have to write my own widget? The toolbar widget has a handled event "Receive Toolbar Action" of type ToolbarAction. Can't i send an appropriate payload to that event?

i have already described the scenario i want to fulfill in technical detail in my original post, please review that.

I am Just a new Boy, A Stranger in this Town, Where are All the Good Times, Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?
      • SystemAdmin
        SystemAdmin
        25 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-17T08:13:42Z  in response to drdamour
        Hi, if you want to make Toolbar widget handle your event, you have to create a widget along with "Send Toolbar Action" and wire the widget with Toolbar widget via connecting with "Send Toolbar Action" and "Receive Toolbar action",

Of course, the manual wired step also can be implemented by coding. If you have mastered it, you can implement by yourself.
        • drdamour
          drdamour
          23 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-17T21:16:24Z  in response to SystemAdmin
          Ah, so it's still trigger by the onNewWire handler, and not cause by the payload actually arriving?

I am Just a new Boy,
          A Stranger in this Town,
          Where are All the Good Times,
          Who's Gonna Show this Stranger Around?