Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-02T09:36:45Z by sekrbo
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
346 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DOORS 9.x and RDS

‏2010-06-02T05:13:43Z |
Hi -
bit of background - we are trying to upgrade to DOORS 9.latest and also attempting to utilise RDS - here is what we have installed:

Rational DOORS_Server_9-2-0-3 on Linux
Rational RDS_Server_5-1-0 Linux Tivoli
C1N8XML-IBM-Tivoli-Directory-server-6.2-client-server-with-entitlement-
linux-x86-64
C1N91ML-RatTivoliDirectoryServer6.2DB2v9.5-for-linux-x86-64
OS Redhat Linux 5.2

What did we do then - started the database, logged in as DOORS Administrator and set it to use the RDS in corporate mode and logged off. Then we tested and used it with some users from the corporate AD and tested some of our use cases etc / the usability / functionality. So far so good.

The problem we have - How do you login as DOORS Administrator again? Have no user in our corporate AD we are allowed to use as such - as you can imagine. There is no user to map - or is there? Should we create one?

What we did then - RTFM - ok, nothing there - Place PMR with IBM - 2 days later and we have some emails but no solution - yet - I thought I place this here to see whether anybody encountered and solved the same problem.

Thanks in advance
Updated on 2010-08-13T09:54:27Z at 2010-08-13T09:54:27Z by _KevConroy_
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    346 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DOORS 9.x and RDS

‏2010-06-15T14:34:26Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    We have the same doubt.
    Any information will be welcome.

Thanks
    • Miky1234
      Miky1234
      1 Post
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-06-15T14:49:36Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Use the DOORS Administrator user, like you did previous configuring the RDS.

Bye.
      • _KevConroy_
        _KevConroy_
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-13T09:54:27Z  in response to Miky1234
        As Miky1234 says, "Administrator" always works, as it's the fail-safe user account and password incase RDS breaks! It will work no matter what you do. You need it to start and stop the doorsd service anyhow...
        The OP did better than I did - I enabled RDS and now the access rights are all broken. The old groups and old users, even though the names exist in RDS Tivoli, do not have the access rights they used to have. Even when the users do get in, they can't edit the views they had set up before.

I'm now going to remigrate and export the user list and group XMLs and try and import those to RDS, but I'm not sure its going to help..
  • MohanRS
    MohanRS
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-30T15:52:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin

I believe, As far Doors concern, "Administrator" is local authentication id.

Even you connect to RDS - Administratot id and its credentials remains same

• sekrbo
    sekrbo
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-02T09:36:45Z  in response to SystemAdmin

The Administrator account is always there, whether or not you use RDS. However, the question is, did you set up DOORS to use system user name as well? In that case you should first have associated the Administrator account in DOORS with a system user, and then it should be fine. If this is the problem then support will be able to help you setting this back to using "regular" log in again. If it's not the case you could always try starting DOORS with the parameter -user (-u) and -password (-P)...

/sekrbo