Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-08T19:54:36Z by swkim90049
TomBenj
TomBenj
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Actuate 8 with Maximo 6.2.1 login fails

‏2010-05-25T22:31:13Z |
Hi there,

I'm no longer able to login in to my Actuate Console as a user. I can login as Administrator to Actuate's System Administration, but not to the volume with my user name and password. I know this used to work and that the credentials have changed. What has changed is that I reconfigured my system to use multiple server (one for admin, one for UI, one for MEA), it's not a true cluster but similar. I made no changes to either Actuate or the UI Maximo instance, beyond some simple changes to maximo.properties which I duplicated in Actuate's rsse_maximo.properties. The problem is definitely in the authentication of the user name and password. The Actuate log files report this error
ERROR com.mro.actuate8.rsse.MaximoJDBCRSSE - Invalid Password for user: tbenjamin; RSSE CODE: 104
com.mro.actuate8.rsse.InvalidPasswordException: Invalid Password for user: tbenjamin; RSSE CODE: 104

I've read the IBM knowledgebase document on troubleshooting Actuate login but I can see nothing wrong. The one odd thing I do see in the log file is that it contains two lines with the encrypted/decrypted password, but they are reported the wrong way around!
DEBUG com.mro.actuate8.rsse.MerlinJDBCUserManagerModel - encrypted password : my actual password
DEBUG com.mro.actuate8.rsse.MerlinJDBCUserManagerModel - decrypted password : an encrypted string

Has anyone run into a similar problem?

Regards,
Tom
Updated on 2010-05-27T17:29:24Z at 2010-05-27T17:29:24Z by TomBenj
  • thakooz
    thakooz
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

    Re: Actuate 8 with Maximo 6.2.1 login fails

    ‏2010-05-27T14:03:17Z  in response to TomBenj
    Tom,
    This is ringing a bell with me... I have seen this before here locally although something tells me that the password mismatch you're seeing is a red herring. If you'd like, email me ( michael.crumley@constellation.com ) and we can chat.

    Mike
    • TomBenj
      TomBenj
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

      Re: Actuate 8 with Maximo 6.2.1 login fails

      ‏2010-05-27T17:29:24Z  in response to thakooz
      Hi Mike,

      You're right the password mismatch was a red herring. And I have resolved the problem, by undoing step 4 from that IBM troubleshooting document. I'll explain in case this ever helps anyone else.

      My initial problem was that I could no longer login to the volume via the Actuate console using my Maximo username and password. I could login to System Administration as Administrator, and all the reports worked for the end user, so I ignored the problem - for a year and a half. Then I had to modify one of our custom reports, so logging in became a necessity. And we no longer have IBM support because we're moving away from Maximo to SAP Plant Maintenance. So I found the troubleshooting document; none of the settings mentioned in steps 1, 2 or 3 were wrong, so I tried step 4. After doing that I could login to the volume through the Actuate console but I couldn't see any reports - and trying to run a report in Maximo produced the error message "Cannot find the specified file or folder, or you do not have permission to access it." Bad situation! So I undid step 4 and restored the "encyc" folder from a backup I took before deleting it as part of step 4. To my relief this restored all reports to a working state, and to my surprise I could now login successfully to the Actuate volume.

      I'm running Actuate 8 Fix 5 with Maximo 6.2.1 on Windows Server 2003 with SQL Server 2005 and BEA WebLogic 8.1.4.0.

      Tom
      • swkim90049
        swkim90049
        273 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

        Re: Actuate 8 with Maximo 6.2.1 login fails

        ‏2013-07-08T19:54:36Z  in response to TomBenj

        For me, it had to do with rsse properties. First, I had to change MAXADMIN to all lower case to match the Maximo 6.2.8 database.

        I renamed encyc folder like Step 4 mentioned in the attachment. I ran across the same error as you did:

        "Cannot find the specified file or folder, or you do not have permission to access it."

        Renaming it back to encyc after stopping the service got rid of that error.

        Other things I had to do:

        * add SYSADM as a group role to maxadmin.

        * review my JDBC database connection string so that it was correct (Oracle).

        * add an entry into tnsnames.ora for the database I was trying to connect to.

        Updated on 2013-07-08T21:06:11Z at 2013-07-08T21:06:11Z by swkim90049