Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-05-19T17:43:10Z by JCanipe
JCanipe
JCanipe
88 Posts

Pinned topic Connecting to various P8 repositories and WcmApiConfig.properties

‏2010-05-19T17:29:20Z |
We are currently running IICE 8.4 FP4 and connecting to one P8 system (2 object stores). The P8 connector(s) are running within WAS JVMs (i.e. not RMI). I now have a requirement to connect to another P8 system that is not of the same address as the one prior mentioned. I understand I will need to update the P8 config.xml entries: Remote Server URL, Remote Server Upload URL, and Remote Server Download URL to point to this new P8 system, but what about the WcmApiConfig.properties file? The values currently in this file refer to the initial P8 repository from above. What do I need to do regarding WcmApiConfig.properties for this new P8 connector? Once again, my P8 connectors are running in WAS JVMs and they have a classpath entry to reference WcmApiConfig.properties.
Thank you.
Updated on 2010-05-19T17:43:10Z at 2010-05-19T17:43:10Z by JCanipe
  • JCanipe
    JCanipe
    88 Posts

Re: Connecting to various P8 repositories and WcmApiConfig.properties

‏2010-05-19T17:43:10Z  
    Let me add just a bit more on this WcmApiConfig.properties file. Given the P8 system can run on various hardware platforms, the one I am presently connecting to has entries in it such as:

CredentialsProtection =Clear CryptoKeyFile = D:\\projects\\domains\\FileNetDomain\\applications\\FileNet\\Authentication\\blabla.properties

CredentialsProtection/UserToken = Symmetric CryptoKeyFile/UserToken =D:\\projects\\domains\\FileNetDomain\\applications\\FileNet\\Authentication\\blablaKeyFile

The new P8 repository will reside on another platform that may not be Windows, or use the "D:" disk reference.

Thank you.