• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-03-15T11:15:04Z by SystemAdmin
KrzysztofMejka
KrzysztofMejka
5 Posts

Pinned topic Connection error

‏2010-05-19T15:55:26Z |
Hello
I'm trying to deploy the trial version of ClearQuest on my computer (Windows XP SP3) for a student project. I've got the free version of IBM DB2 (Express-C version). So far I was able to succesfully configure a database (using the info from the IBM Information Center), create a repository in the database (using the maintenance tool), connect to the repo in the CQ Designer and add some users. However I can't seem to be able to connect to CQ using the Client or in the web application. I've checked in the database, and the users are there. But when I try to connect to CQ all I get is "ClearQuest login of user: This login is forbidden: Invalid Credentials: Either the login name or the password is incorrect." Could someone help me with that? I can log in using a certain username (not "admin") to the CQ Designer, but not to CQ Web or CQ Client.
Updated on 2013-03-15T11:15:04Z at 2013-03-15T11:15:04Z by SystemAdmin
  • KrzysztofMejka
    KrzysztofMejka
    5 Posts

Re: Connection error

‏2010-05-19T16:01:25Z  
    Oh I forgot one thing, I have of course created a user database in the schema repository. Thanks in advance for any help!
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2010-05-26T20:10:19Z  
    Did you import the user from another repository or restored the user datanase from another user database, or move the database from another server?

Jay Cheng
  • KrzysztofMejka
    KrzysztofMejka
    5 Posts

‏2010-05-26T22:16:26Z  
    Did you import the user from another repository or restored the user datanase from another user database, or move the database from another server?

Jay Cheng
    Non of the above. I created a new database from scratch, new repository, new users.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2010-05-27T05:59:55Z  
    Non of the above. I created a new database from scratch, new repository, new users.
    Seems you have not upgraded the database. After user creation certainly you have to upgrade the database if you don't you can able to login to schema repo not in user database.

Login to CQ Administrator --> DB Action --> Upgrade and select the database which you want to work.

-Anand.
  • KrzysztofMejka
    KrzysztofMejka
    5 Posts

‏2010-05-27T11:27:43Z  
    Seems you have not upgraded the database. After user creation certainly you have to upgrade the database if you don't you can able to login to schema repo not in user database.

Login to CQ Administrator --> DB Action --> Upgrade and select the database which you want to work.

-Anand.
    Wow I didn't know that :). Thank you very much that solved the problem. And what exactly does "upgrading the database" do?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    24948 Posts

‏2013-03-15T11:15:04Z  

-Anand.
    I performed a fresh install of the version 7.1.2 and I (now) think the SAMPL database version is 7.0.0.
    So, I didn't expect to be necessary to upgrade it.
    It worked for me.

Thank you,
    Ricardo Bernardino