Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2012-10-04T18:21:45Z by sumowresler
adbdkb
adbdkb
6 Posts

Pinned topic Project Interchange with RAD 8

‏2010-05-14T14:53:42Z |
I cannot find options for importing ( and exporting ) a Project Interchanges into ( from ) RAD 8. Is that fucntionality completely removed? Or what is the alternate way to get that handled?

Thanks,
Updated on 2012-10-04T18:21:45Z at 2012-10-04T18:21:45Z by sumowresler
  • valentin_baciu
    valentin_baciu
    3 Posts

Re: Project Interchange with RAD 8

‏2010-05-14T15:54:32Z  
    Try this:

Export > General > Archive
    Import > General > Existing Projects into workspace > 'Select archive file'
  • adbdkb
    adbdkb
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-14T17:06:46Z  
    Try this:

Export > General > Archive
    Import > General > Existing Projects into workspace > 'Select archive file'
    The problem is that someone has already sent a Project Interchange and it is not possible to get the archive the way you had mentioned. Also, I tried to import the project interchange ZIP file by selecting it as archive file and it didn't work either.

Is the project interchange option going away in RAD 8?

Thanks
  • valentin_baciu
    valentin_baciu
    3 Posts

‏2010-05-14T17:50:23Z  
    • adbdkb
    • ‏2010-05-14T17:06:46Z
    The problem is that someone has already sent a Project Interchange and it is not possible to get the archive the way you had mentioned. Also, I tried to import the project interchange ZIP file by selecting it as archive file and it didn't work either.

Is the project interchange option going away in RAD 8?

Thanks
    Are you saying you tried Import > General > Existing Projects into workspace > 'Select archive file', selected your PI archive and this didn't work? Can you be more specific: what exactly "didn't work" mean?
  • adbdkb
    adbdkb
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-14T19:35:57Z  
    Are you saying you tried Import > General > Existing Projects into workspace > 'Select archive file', selected your PI archive and this didn't work? Can you be more specific: what exactly "didn't work" mean?
    I got the error saying - 'Cannot import into a workspace with no open projects. Please create a project before importing'.

The PI already has projects and when I have used PI import, the projects get imported - I sometimes have had more than 6 projects exported with project interchange and imported them into a brand new 'empty' workspace.

Hope this clears the issue
  • valentin_baciu
    valentin_baciu
    3 Posts

‏2010-05-14T20:03:18Z  
    • adbdkb
    • ‏2010-05-14T19:35:57Z
    I got the error saying - 'Cannot import into a workspace with no open projects. Please create a project before importing'.

The PI already has projects and when I have used PI import, the projects get imported - I sometimes have had more than 6 projects exported with project interchange and imported them into a brand new 'empty' workspace.

Hope this clears the issue
    Perhaps you've mistakenly selected Import->General->Archive? That seems to show the error message you're reporting when there are no projects in the workspace.

Make sure you select Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace then on the next page choose Select archive file.

See the attached screenshot for details.
  • adbdkb
    adbdkb
    6 Posts

‏2010-05-14T20:53:26Z  
    Perhaps you've mistakenly selected Import->General->Archive? That seems to show the error message you're reporting when there are no projects in the workspace.

Make sure you select Import->General->Existing Projects into Workspace then on the next page choose Select archive file.

See the attached screenshot for details.
    You were correct. I was doing it import -> General -> archive.

When I did the way you mentioned, it worked.

So, other part of question - Does export work in a similar way ? If I export an archive, it will work similar to Project Interchanges in terms of having all the facets etc. correctly set-up?

Thanks
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    41 Posts

‏2010-05-17T13:46:13Z  
    • adbdkb
    • ‏2010-05-14T20:53:26Z
    You were correct. I was doing it import -> General -> archive.

When I did the way you mentioned, it worked.

So, other part of question - Does export work in a similar way ? If I export an archive, it will work similar to Project Interchanges in terms of having all the facets etc. correctly set-up?

Thanks
    Yes, it works the same way. All your presets, facets and configurations will be restored (or stored, for export) as a normal PI archive would do it.
  • sumowresler
    sumowresler
    1 Post

‏2012-10-04T18:21:45Z  
    Looks like the same issue reappeared in RAD 8.5. When I point to a .zip file, that doesn't apprear in the RAD UI. The error is
    "No project asre found to Import".

Any idea?