7 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-01-13T22:17:59Z by ABChelp
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
5842 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Update MAXIMO 7 Indexes

‏2010-05-12T15:14:13Z |
Hi,
I have a serious problem with Maximo indexes (in part because I did a lot changes backdoor) and I need to update all Maximo indexes.
Does anyone knows how to update Maximo indexes ?

I use SQL 2005 and I have Maximo 7.1.1.4

Thanks for your help.
Updated on 2010-05-28T09:41:14Z at 2010-05-28T09:41:14Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    5842 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Update MAXIMO 7 Indexes

‏2010-05-12T19:26:07Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Just to explain more my problem, when I try to search a record using DESCRIPTION field for example I have this error message : "BMXAA4210E - Database error number 7601 has occurred.
    MAXIMOT-1Cannot use a CONTAINS or FREETEXT predicate on table or indexed view 'maxgroup' because it is not full-text indexed."

Thanks
    • SlightlyCrazy
      SlightlyCrazy
      59 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-17T17:42:33Z  in response to SystemAdmin
      Sounds like there is a miss match between the actual indexes in place and what MAXIMO is expecting.

In more recent versions of MAXIMO you now have the option to specify that specific fields will be 'full text searchable' i.e. that searching of these fields will take advantage of the native RDBMS text search facilities.

You enabled full text searching at the object level (Database Config - Object - Text Search Enabled checkbox) and then at the individual attribute level - by specifing a search type of TEXT. When you apply a ConfigDB MAXIMO generates additional full text indexes for each of the fields that you have specified a search type of TEXT for.

Then when a user issues a query through the UI against one of these columns, MAXIMO uses the appropriate version of the CONTAINS syntax rather than the standard wildcard search (% or _).

It would appear that you have one or more fields flagged as full text searchable - but you don't have the associated full text indexes present. Can't remember from memory what the appropriate SQL Server system view is for identifying full text indexes - but suggest that you want to compare that with the entries within MAXSYSINDEXES\MAXSYSKEYS where the corresponding MAXATTRIBUTE.SEARCHTYPE = TEXT. Then you either create the missing indexes (index names don't matter as long as they are less than 19 characters in length and unique), or you update the appropriate MAXIMO MAXATTRIBUTECFG\MAXOBJECTCFG entries changing the offending search type references from TEXT to WILDCARD (i.e. utilise standard wildcard logic rather than full text search logic)

Good Luck!

Best Regards
      SlightlyCrazy
      • YosryAlbadry
        YosryAlbadry
        1 Post
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-18T22:51:09Z  in response to SlightlyCrazy
        Hello Everyone,

I face a problem in Maximo Asset Management for Service Provider:
        The error occured in Item application when trying to filter the items using its description, the system popup the following error: [[ BMXAA4210E - Database error number 7601 has occurred.
        so i can not filter items using the description.......... Could any one help me.

THANKS.

YOUSRY ALBADRY
        • SlightlyCrazy
          SlightlyCrazy
          59 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-21T10:15:24Z  in response to YosryAlbadry
          What exactly are you searching for?

Note that there are limitations imposed by full text indexing

e.g. for SQL Server there is a central stop word list. When parsing a search expression it typically strips out all words which have less than three characters or which occur on the stop word list. It then uses the resulting phrase against the index - it permits stemming i.e. a suffix wildcard but does not permit you to specify a prefix - if the resulting expression is empty - or invalid (e.g. if you search for a text string containing a single bracket this can mess up the resulting SQL syntax generated) then you hopefully see an error in the UI. I say hopefully as the worse case scenario is that you don't see an error - don't find any matches and assume that the data you are looking for doesn't exist - when in fact it does. These are all limitations of the SQL Server text search facility - I am sure there are also limitations for Oracle and DB2? - just havn't played with those.

Best Regards
          SlightlyCrazy
          • Krish.max
            Krish.max
            16 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-24T07:28:03Z  in response to SlightlyCrazy
            Hello

I am using maximo 6.2.1 and when i am searching for any record in workorder tracking by placing my text in the FIND textbox(Quick key search) then it is dispalying :No records found that match the specified query.
            Can you please help me out.

-Kris
            • SystemAdmin
              SystemAdmin
              5842 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-05-28T09:41:14Z  in response to Krish.max
              Just to confirm - the quick lookup field at the top of the standard screen within the toolbar does an EXACT match against the value you enter - so if your workorder number is WO1234 you will only get back the record is you enter WO1234 in the field - it will not work with partials or mixed case (unless the target key field is defined as UPPER).

There is also a Lookup Field within the More Search Fields dialogue - which WILL permit you to specify a partial value
              (by default the WORKORDER.WONUM attribute has a search type of WILDCARD?)

What application are you using to look at the WORKORDER table - what is the MAINTBNAME value in the MAXAPPS table for the application you are using? and can you create a record and save it successfully and then identify it at the SQL level (e.g. select * from workorder where wonum = 'XYZ'), and does it still show up when you use the quick key search field?

Best Regards
              SlightlyCrazy
              • ABChelp
                ABChelp
                1 Post
                ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-01-13T22:17:59Z  in response to SystemAdmin

Has anyone been able to fix this issue? If yes, please share it as I am also getting same error when filter is applied to PO description field.

BMXAA4210E - Database error number 7601 has occurred. Invalid SQL queries are logged in the log file. Check the SQL query to identify the error.

Updated on 2014-01-13T22:18:10Z at 2014-01-13T22:18:10Z by ABChelp