2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-05-19T16:08:32Z by SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
532 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Managing XML data with DB2 and pureXML

‏2010-05-08T18:48:33Z |
Hello everybody

I am looking for any experience retrieving and inserting XML data from/to DB2. Using pureXML, I can get entire or partial XML elements in a native way. My question is if it's possible to map this XML elements to a Portlet Factory schema directly. As far as I understand, when retrieving SQL data Portlet Factory converts the result set to XML using a predefined existing schema. What happens when the data is XML itself?

Many thanks in advanced
Updated on 2010-05-19T16:08:32Z at 2010-05-19T16:08:32Z by SystemAdmin
  • DGawron
    DGawron
    251 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Managing XML data with DB2 and pureXML

‏2010-05-17T20:04:35Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to accomplish. Are you looking to have a single column (that happens to contain XML) be handled as part of a plain old result set from SQL Call? Or are you asking if it's possible to fetch a whole XML doc or fragment from the database and use it as the result of a schema typed operation?

The simple answer is that as long as the XML you are pulling from the database is valid with respect to a schema you have defined in the model for the "result", then everything will work OK down the line in page automation and other schema aware builders.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      532 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Managing XML data with DB2 and pureXML

‏2010-05-19T16:08:32Z  in response to DGawron
      Hello

I am looking for the second. As the result of the invocation of a store procedure, one output parameters is a DB2 XML data type. I want to manage this output value as a Portlet Factory XML variable. What Portlet Factory data type should I use to map the DB2 XML data type?

Many thanks in advanced.