Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-05-06T17:43:30Z by SystemAdmin
JCanipe
JCanipe
88 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Sorting on a Content Manager Query, where is it performed?

‏2010-05-05T19:14:29Z |
I know this has been asked 1000 times, but I did not see it on the forum.
I am using IICE 8.4.x and I want to request my Query object to sort on a specific column in descending order. I am using the Query.setSortSpecifications... to perform this task. Is the actual sorting performed on CM before they are sent to me, or are all the rows sent to my IICE environment and the sorting is performed by IICE (i.e. CM connector?)
Thank you.
Updated on 2010-05-06T17:43:30Z at 2010-05-06T17:43:30Z by SystemAdmin
  • JCanipe
    JCanipe
    88 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Sorting on a Content Manager Query, where is it performed?

‏2010-05-05T19:30:27Z  in response to JCanipe
    One more point to include: Let's say there are 1000 rows in CM that meet my specific Selection Criteria. I tell the Query object that I only want 100 (setMaxResults(100))and I want them sorted descending by a certain column. Please explain how many rows CM will send my layer and who will sort these rows.
    Thank you.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      254 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Sorting on a Content Manager Query, where is it performed?

‏2010-05-06T17:43:30Z  in response to JCanipe
      Hi Jeff,

The Content Manager connector uses repository-native sorting, which means that the results come back to the connector sorted (if you specified sort specifications). IICE will not do any further sorting in this connector. The max results are also handled by the repository, for this connector.

If you specify both sort specifications and max results, then the repository should return the top up to max results # of values that were at the top of the sorted list.

Thanks,
      Jeremy