Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-05-18T18:51:28Z by SystemAdmin
JCanipe
JCanipe
88 Posts

Pinned topic Updating the name of an ItemClass on Content Manager

‏2010-05-04T20:17:46Z |
Currently using IICE 8.4 FP5. Is there a way to UPDATE the ItemClass of an item on Content Manager? Currently eClient provides this ability. Of course you have to populate (or lose), the new fields under the new ItemClass name you are update the item to.
Thank you.
Updated on 2010-05-18T18:51:28Z at 2010-05-18T18:51:28Z by SystemAdmin
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

Re: Updating the name of an ItemClass on Content Manager

‏2010-05-05T14:48:42Z  
    Hi Jeff,

The IICE/ICI API does actually have a little-known method on ContentBase that you can call to change a Content or Folder's item class, setNewItemClass(ItemClass newItemClass). Unfortunately, the CM connector does not currently support this. The RepositoryProfile method you can check for individual connector support is getCanModifyContentClassOnContent(). As always, you can make a feature request for this in the CM connector for future releases.

Thanks,
    Jeremy
  • JCanipe
    JCanipe
    88 Posts

‏2010-05-05T14:53:05Z  
    I just realized my title is a bit misleading. In case it is not clear, I am wanting to change the ItemClass of an item to another, already existing, ItemClass on a CM system. I am curious if this can be accomplished in IICE 8.4 or ICI 8.5.1?
    If so, what is the "real" name I have to use to reference the ItemClass in the name/value pairs I create?
    Thank you.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    254 Posts

‏2010-05-18T18:51:28Z  
    • JCanipe
    • ‏2010-05-05T14:53:05Z
    I just realized my title is a bit misleading. In case it is not clear, I am wanting to change the ItemClass of an item to another, already existing, ItemClass on a CM system. I am curious if this can be accomplished in IICE 8.4 or ICI 8.5.1?
    If so, what is the "real" name I have to use to reference the ItemClass in the name/value pairs I create?
    Thank you.
    Hi Jeff,

There is an existing custom connector for IBM CM that has this "change ItemClass" method implemented.

Let me know if this is a critical need and I'll track this down.

Thanks,

Bobby