Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-10-24T08:33:16Z by MichaelSternberg
nnnnew
nnnnew
11 Posts

Pinned topic What is U and W mean in Date field?

‏2010-05-03T03:15:23Z |
I have a question.

What is U and W mean in Date field?

Sorry I can find the document. mention the U and W.

Please look the attach files.
I already mark the area related my question.
Updated on 2010-10-24T08:33:16Z at 2010-10-24T08:33:16Z by MichaelSternberg
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    68 Posts

Re: What is U and W mean in Date field?

‏2010-05-03T22:54:42Z  
    Those don't look like normal characters, possibly a defect of Fastback. It is interesting to note that in the screenshot you supplied, the time stamp is not of the normal hh:mm:ss AM/PM format, did you configure the operating system region to something other than en-US (Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options)? Here's my configuration which is a default Windows 2003 environment installed with US english. Let me know if switching the region settings affects the output (a restart of the OS may be necessary for FastBack to acquire these changes).
  • nnnnew
    nnnnew
    11 Posts

‏2010-05-05T03:14:59Z  
    Those don't look like normal characters, possibly a defect of Fastback. It is interesting to note that in the screenshot you supplied, the time stamp is not of the normal hh:mm:ss AM/PM format, did you configure the operating system region to something other than en-US (Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options)? Here's my configuration which is a default Windows 2003 environment installed with US english. Let me know if switching the region settings affects the output (a restart of the OS may be necessary for FastBack to acquire these changes).
    Thanks, for your help!

I already change my region configuration as your "region.jpg" both in FastBack Client and Server.
    But It still get the "U" and "W" in FastBack Mount.

Anyway, did you mean the "U" and "W" is represent A.M. and P.M.?
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    68 Posts

‏2010-05-06T23:24:41Z  
    • nnnnew
    • ‏2010-05-05T03:14:59Z
    Thanks, for your help!

I already change my region configuration as your "region.jpg" both in FastBack Client and Server.
    But It still get the "U" and "W" in FastBack Mount.

Anyway, did you mean the "U" and "W" is represent A.M. and P.M.?
    Hi,

Hmm, okay. I'm not sure why this error persists either, I was thinking it had to do with time stamp representation because you appear to be in 24 hour clock form (no AM or PM in this format). Does this exist on more than one system, or just the one affected system? If only one system is affected, is there anything particularly different about the configuration of the OS region settings or geography that might be playing a part in this behavior?

Thanks,
    Christopher
  • nnnnew
    nnnnew
    11 Posts

‏2010-05-13T17:01:43Z  
    Hi,

Hmm, okay. I'm not sure why this error persists either, I was thinking it had to do with time stamp representation because you appear to be in 24 hour clock form (no AM or PM in this format). Does this exist on more than one system, or just the one affected system? If only one system is affected, is there anything particularly different about the configuration of the OS region settings or geography that might be playing a part in this behavior?

Thanks,
    Christopher
    I have more than one system get this error.. (all my FastBack system.)

maybe FastBack cant't control the language by the region Taiwan. :-(
  • MichaelSternberg
    MichaelSternberg
    24 Posts

‏2010-10-24T08:33:16Z  
    • nnnnew
    • ‏2010-05-13T17:01:43Z
    I have more than one system get this error.. (all my FastBack system.)

maybe FastBack cant't control the language by the region Taiwan. :-(
    This is a known problem, we're working to fix it in next release.