Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-08-17T23:02:49Z by jay.brown
SystemAdmin
SystemAdmin
32 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic A few very basic questions

‏2010-04-27T12:35:02Z |
I've just been taking a look at the CMIS technology preview and it appears to be WebSphere only. This is a small problem as we do not run any of our FN systems on WebSpehere, we use JBoss for development and JBoss or WebLogic for our testing. Is it possible to run the tech preview on JBoss? I am thinking it should be if it is a JEE compliant application, but not sure how much tweaking and fiddling it may required.

If not possible, will CMIS access remain WebSphere only or will it become available for other JEE containers?

Also, will it remain a separate application, or will in be integrated into the content or application engines?

Thanks
Updated on 2010-08-17T23:02:49Z at 2010-08-17T23:02:49Z by jay.brown
  • jay.brown
    jay.brown
    18 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: A few very basic questions

‏2010-04-27T18:13:03Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    The CMIS server will be a separately installable servlet, but it will only be supported on WebSphere. I know this is not the answer you were hoping to hear but; at this time we do not have any plans to support other platforms.
    • SystemAdmin
      SystemAdmin
      32 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-17T12:15:55Z  in response to jay.brown
      Not supported doesn't mean won't work :O)
      I managed to successfully deploy CMIS P8 Extension 100.003 on JBoss 5.0.1/JEE6/Linux.

The steps are following:
      1. CMIS was deployed on the same JEE server/profile as CE
      2. ceURI=jnp://CE-hostname:11099/FileNet/Engine
      3. Added jboss-standard WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml descriptor file with java:/jaas/FileNet security-domain tag
      4. Changes to the WEB-INF/web.xml file:
      4a. Corrected GetWSDL servlet definition (was not XSD compilant, JBoss complained about that)
      4b. Replaced all "All Authenticated" role names with "*"
      4c. Added standard login-config tag with BASIC authentication method

Enjoy
      • jay.brown
        jay.brown
        18 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-17T23:02:49Z  in response to SystemAdmin
        Thank you for this info. We had not yet tried this on Jboss, so this is good to know. Although we don't officially support this, we have made an effort to keep our WAR compatible with generic servlet containers (for testing only). In fact I routinely deploy it on Jetty and Tomcat for my local smoke tests. Its just that I can't promise this will continue to be the case indefinitely. I hope that it will be though.

Thanks again.
  • SystemAdmin
    SystemAdmin
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-04-28T10:49:19Z  in response to SystemAdmin
    That's fine Jay, thanks for letting me know.