• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2010-04-29T07:30:26Z by phil.v
phil.v
phil.v
7 Posts

Pinned topic WPF 6.1.5 - Svn organisation

‏2010-04-26T09:25:56Z |
Hello,

I am trying to figure out what must be the SVN (or CVS) organisation and rules for developing/commiting and checkouting with WPF 6.1.5.

The final goal is to write a build script which will be run in batch outside from WebSphere Portal Factory.

Thanks for your help
Updated on 2010-04-29T07:30:26Z at 2010-04-29T07:30:26Z by phil.v
  • kevintap
    kevintap
    111 Posts

Re: WPF 6.1.5 - Svn organisation

‏2010-04-29T04:42:03Z  
    Starting with the WPF 6.1.5 release, we have added some default excludes to the Eclipse Team provider which should work with the Eclipse SVN plugins. This should allow you to checkin only the developer created artifacts (models, profile sets, rdd files, ljo code, etc). The contents in the SVN repository should therefore exclude the WPF project template.

We have also added some additional features to the Ant build scripts shipped with WPF. These features allow you to build a project template image with the desired feature sets and to use that along with the contents of your source control repository to create an offline build process. I would suggest consulting the product help topic "Automating the generation of WAR files" for additional information on this.

This allows multiple developers on a team to share the necessary developer created artifacts while maintaining separate, independent projects in their workspaces. Meaning that each developer could potentially have different WPF feature sets installed in their projects, or different publish configurations for their projects, etc.
  • phil.v
    phil.v
    7 Posts

Re: WPF 6.1.5 - Svn organisation

‏2010-04-29T07:30:26Z  
    • kevintap
    • ‏2010-04-29T04:42:03Z
    Starting with the WPF 6.1.5 release, we have added some default excludes to the Eclipse Team provider which should work with the Eclipse SVN plugins. This should allow you to checkin only the developer created artifacts (models, profile sets, rdd files, ljo code, etc). The contents in the SVN repository should therefore exclude the WPF project template.

We have also added some additional features to the Ant build scripts shipped with WPF. These features allow you to build a project template image with the desired feature sets and to use that along with the contents of your source control repository to create an offline build process. I would suggest consulting the product help topic "Automating the generation of WAR files" for additional information on this.

This allows multiple developers on a team to share the necessary developer created artifacts while maintaining separate, independent projects in their workspaces. Meaning that each developer could potentially have different WPF feature sets installed in their projects, or different publish configurations for their projects, etc.
    Hello Kevin,

thanks for your answer.

I read carefully your "Automating the generation of WAR files" document, and its a bit confusing for me.
    I succeed in executing the first 2 steps (makeFactoryImage and expandFactoryImage ).

The third step (addFeatureSet) failed. I perhaps made some mistakes..but document is not enough explained to succeed.

For example, where does live the ThirParty directory. Is there an other document related to this way of proceeding ?

I choose another way, which seems to be more natural for my understanding:
    1) I create a new project inside WPF
    2) I checkin the whole content outside from WPF using svn command line. This checkin is my base "runtime" for my build job
    3) now for each automated build, I checkout the base "runtime"
    4) Then I checkout the developer work
    5) I change some values in .bowstreet file
    6) Then I call projectDeploy.xml passing it some properties (JDK, generated war path, java level...)

Please, if I am wrong please let me know.
    If an other direction would be better tell me. Our deploy platform is Websphere. Build will be executed on a Windows server and war will be deployed on an AIX system.

Thanks for your help